Chapter 40

"Fuck he is literal ass tonight," some dweeb behind me curses

"Fuck he is literal ass tonight," some dweeb behind me curses. Luna squeezes my hand to keep me from turning around and punching him directly in the throat. He has progressively gone from a huge Ryder fan boy to non stop complaining every time he gets on the ice. I can agree Ryder is playing not at his best tonight but how do you turn on your star player so quickly?

"I mean why should he bother and risk injury? I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out of Regionals and Frozen Four." His friend hasn't been as mean but he has completely written off Ryder like he would just throw the team to the side, like they don't matter to him.

"Maybe it is for the best if he can't score a fucking goal!" The guy screams the last part of his sentence as Ryder misses yet another shot. It is a close game tied at 2-2 and Ryder not being at his best is definitely hurting us. People assume he is off his game today because of Thursday's announcement that he will be spending the summer training with the Islanders. They think he is playing half ass because he doesn't care about the team anymore and just wants to get through today without an injury; but they couldn't be more wrong. Ryder cares about his team, he would never abandon them.

The guy behind me continues to bitch and whine about Ryder even though he isn't on the ice. I try so hard to ignore it. With 4 minutes left I just need to make it through one final shift of Ryders and then I never have to hear this guys bitching again, but I can't do it. I know Ryder doesn't need me to defend him but something in me snaps. Luna, Maya and Parker are too slow in stopping me and before the guy even knows what's happening I am turning around and dumping my entire soda over his head.

"You fucking bitch," he screams already trying to reach for me, but Tristian and Parker have already stepped in front of me to protect me.

"If you're so fucking good why don't you go play! If he is playing so bad go ahead, gear up and get out there buddy!" I am literally seeing red as I scream at this dude. I can see security rushing down to handle the situation which has disrupted the game. Normally something like this wouldn't affect the game but we are only two rows back so we are in direct view of the players.

"He fucking sucks!" he dude yells, still dripping in soda.

I leap, literally fucking leap, over Parker trying to get my hands on this dude. No one is allowed to talk shit about Ryder except me! And Luna but don't tell her that she will abuse the privilege.

"Fran," Maya yells while both her and Luna grab me and try to pull me away. The rest of my team all tries to make a wall between me and the guy as security reaches us.

Security escorts both of us out of the arena taking us out two separate exits so we aren't anywhere near each other. I text the group chat and tell everyone to stay for the end of the game and that I will sneak back in and meet them at the locker room doors like normal. Luna protests but she never comes out to join me so I guess someone, likely Tristian, assured her I would be fine.