Chapter 24

"I am just still hungover," I tell my roommates as I sit on the couch wrapped in my comforter while sipping on the tea Luna made me

"You're still hungover on Tuesday? From Saturday's party? And instead of getting better your hangover just keeps getting worse?"

"Yes?"

Luna shakes her head at me as she feels my head again like a concerned mom. "At least you don't have a fever. But I still wish you'd just skip class and practice today to rest."

"I'm not sick, Luna, it's a hangover."

"Is she still lying to herself?" Parker asks Luna, completely ignoring me.

"Yeah and she is refusing to skip practice today after class. She is so stubborn I want to just lock her in the apartment until she rests and takes care of herself."

"She is right here," I yell at both of them, waving one of my arms. They look at me and then move away and continue to whisper, obviously talking about me.

I don't get why they're all being so dramatic, I am fine. Yeah I am tired and have a little bit of a cough and some body aches and chills and just a touch of nausea, that I would not dare tell my roommates about, but I am fine and will just push through. The next competition is in less than two weeks which means I don't have time to lay around for days. As long as I am not throwing up than there is really no reason not to go to class and practice.

"If you two are done gossiping about me I am going to get ready for class."

"Stubborn," Luna calls after me as I shuffle my way toward my room still wrapped in my comforter.

"Stubborn isn't a bad thing," I mumble Ryder's words from this weekend under my breath as I put on the warmest outfit I can find. I will probably sweat my ass off at practice later but right now I am so cold I don't care. Sweating sounds amazing compared to the chill I feel in my bones right now.

When I am finally bundled up the best I can I grab my backpack and skates and meet Luna and Parker in the living room to walk to class together. Their earlier classes was canceled so my relaxing morning turned into my two roommates hovering over me bitching that I am not taking care of myself.

"This is ridiculous," Parker bitches more as he takes my skating bag from me.

"Not ridiculous," I argue back. I wish my roommates were more like Ryder sometimes. I bet if he was here he'd not scold me like a child. He would totally understand why I am pushing through. Big dreams require sacrifices. Maybe if I just wanted to be average I could miss a few practices for things like this but I don't want to just be average.

The walk to class seems longer than usual and Luna has to basically drag me part of the way while Parker carries all of my stuff. When we finally get to our seats I am shivering so hard that Luna and Parker cover me with their jackets to try to warm me up.