Chapter 54

"I thought you were shaving today?" I ask as I walk into the empty house

"I thought you were shaving today?" I ask as I walk into the empty house. The team left on Tuesday without Ryder, who still isn't cleared to go back to class, so he has been here alone the past two days doing nothing but watching crappy daytime television, waiting for me to get out of class, and moping.

"Wasn't in the mood," he shrugs. Ryder hasn't shaved since he got hurt and he has a light beard coming in. It is patchy but cute on him, even if I prefer his clean shaven baby face. I don't push further because I can tell he isn't in a mood. The Frozen Four semifinals start in an hour and I know not being there with his team is killing him. I push past his slight attitude knowing it isn't directed at me.

"You had your doctor's appointment today, how did that go?" I ask in an attempt to change the subject.

"I can return to class Monday but still no hockey for at least 8 weeks, shockingly my ribs aren't healing very quickly."

"Maybe if you actually rested," I scold as I push him gently onto the couch. "I love you but god damn, you're a pain in the ass."

"Say it again," he begs, pulling me down onto his lap, totally defeating the purpose of me making him sit.

"I love you," I whisper against his lips before kissing him gently. Except none of our kisses ever stay gentle and soon he is tugging my pony tail that is wrapped around his fist causing me to gasp.

"Oh, rub it in assholes," Parker bites as he walks into the living room. Him and Maya are about the only two people crankier than Ryder at the moment.

"Fuck off, Chen!" Ryder yells while flipping him off. Well tonight will be fun I see.

I climb off Ryder's lap and go upstairs to grab the ladies. I am not even halfway up the stairs when I hear the three of them arguing over what pizza to order as if it fucking matters. We could order 9 pizzas if we really wanted to. As I continue up the stairs I almost regret inviting Maya and Parker over to watch the game with us. I thought it would be nice but Ryder is in a bad mood since he isn't playing, Parker misses his boyfriend, and Maya misses her... well I am not sure what those two are but I support it nonetheless. Either way all of them together seems like it might do more harm than good.

"Why would we stream it Ryder, it is on ESPN," Parker huffs as I return back with the rats in their carrier. Me and Maya are going to make them an obstacle course to see which one is the smartest.

"Because the ESPN announces are fucking trash they talk out their god damn ass most of the time," he argues adjusting his hat aggressively on his head.

Not to side with my boyfriend and ditch my friend but I grab the computer plugged into the TV and put on the live stream like Ryder wants. I know Parker misses Bray and is anxious about the game but Ryder has to sit here and watch his team play without him. This is already hard enough for him and if I can ease that even a little I intend to. Parker wouldn't be at this game either way since we all had class today but if not for his injury Ry would be there with everyone else so today he takes priority. Besides, as long as Parker sees Bray he will be happy no matter how we watch the game.