Chapter 50

As I leave my review I send my roommates a quick text so they know I am sleeping over Ryders

As I leave my review I send my roommates a quick text so they know I am sleeping over Ryders. Last night after class and practice I filled them in on everything between me and him. Maya reacted similarly to Bray and then began planning our future wedding and writing Francesca Ryder in pretty cursive on the house chalkboard. I am not sure if marriage is in our future; I have never even thought about it but I can't say I would be mad if I married Ryder one day. Parker already knew from Bray but he was excited for future double dates. Maya was slightly bummed after that because she is the last single one but I plan to talk to Alex about that soon. As for Luna she was happy that I was happy though she still isn't totally sold on me dating a hockey player, especially Ryder.

Me: sleeping at Ryders see you all tomorrow morning

Their responses come in all at the same time with varying degrees of excitement.

Parker: See you at the house we are playing video games in Ryder's room!

Maya: FRYDERS FIRST SLEEPOVER!! STAY CALM!

Luna: disgusting. I'll buy you a flea collar.

Lunas response is my favorite because what can I say I have a soft spot for my unapologetically bitchy best friend. She will never sugarcoat what she feels, which I very much appreciate. A lot of ice skating fans give Luna shit because they want her to be softer, more polite, and well mannered. They don't appreciate her sarcasm or the fact she will never pretend to be some stuck up prim and proper person, but despite it all she will never change.

I get in Ryder's car and drive to his house. I haven't seen him since I left yesterday for class and my nerves are kicking in a little. I am not sure exactly how to act around him now that we are dating. I packed literally 5 outfits to sleep over because I wasn't sure if I should sleep in what I normally do or maybe something sexy. I spent so long staring at options I just shoved them all in the bag and figured I would decide after I showered.

When I get to the house I grab just my overnight bag and leave everything else. Bray is driving me and Parker in the morning to the arena so we can take our bus to competition. Thankfully the drive there is only an hour but we are still heading there on Thursday so we have time to practice where we will be competing and get settled for Friday and Saturday's competitions.

"Hey," I greet a few of the guys hanging out on the first floor. They all greet me back as I continue upstairs right to Ryder's bedroom.

I can hear all the guys yelling at whatever game they are playing the second I hit the 3rd floor landing. "Fucking bitch tit," Bray curses.

"You don't even like tits," Parker yells back.

"I do," Ryder yells cheerfully as I walk into his room. He makes a grabbing motion with both hands toward my chest and I roll my eyes in response.

"You look like crap Ry," I chide as I walk over and kiss his cheek. I knew he was hurting more today than he had been, no surprise after yesterday, but god he looks worse than he did in the hospital.