Chapter 55

My knee is digging into the back of the driver seat as I fidget around and without warning Francesca's arm comes swinging back trying to swat me

My knee is digging into the back of the driver seat as I fidget around and without warning Francesca's arm comes swinging back trying to swat me. "Carson, get your knee from my back, god you're so annoying back there."

"Sorry," I mutter and adjust myself in the back seat of my own fucking car, once again. Francesca is driving us to the Frozen Four Finals today and when I tried to sit in the passenger seat I got lectured by everyone about how the seat belt goes across my left ribs so I can't sit there. So after trying and failing to win against them I ended up in the back seat behind Francesca with Parker in the passenger seat and Maya to my right.

"Wait, back up, Alex has liked me since when?" Maya asks again trying to nail down the timeline. I have been bored with watching the two of them be so oblivious, which Parker found hysterical and called me a hypocrite about; so about 2 hours into our 5 hour drive I spilled everything to Maya.

"Yes, apparently you guys had a class together in the fall? I don't know what class but all I know is he liked you then but didn't think you knew he was on the hockey team."

Maya scoffs like I deeply offended her, or maybe Stan did. "Didn't know? Please I could recite the teams roster in my sleep I knew who he was especially because of his reputation with all the... well we all know what they say, we don't need to recite it."

"My boy," I nod proudly. Who knew when we became friends the first day that he would be the ladies man and not me or Bray. "But then why didn't you talk to him?"

"Firstly, this is bullshit because I didn't see him coming over and talking to me, even at the party before Pman approached me he just stood there." Alright, fair point one point team Maya. "Besides, anyone who saw me in our philosophy class knew I was extremely hungover. It was an 8am Friday class and this dude," she reaches out and slaps Parker's face, "was dragging me out every Thursday trying to get over his nasty ex."

"Hey, I will not be blamed for your hangovers," Parker bitches turning in his seat to face us while Francesca shoots him a quick dirty look. "I told you not to take that dumb class."

"Shut up. Anyways, I went to that class dressed in oversized sweaters with the hood up and sunglasses on for 15 weeks straight. No way I was approaching any guy, let alone him, looking like that. He sat next to the student body president and two sorority presidents. It was like a goddamn board meeting at their table."

I laugh because I know exactly what she means. I took a class with Stan once and I literally stopped sitting with him the second week of class because he surrounded himself with the future CEOs of the world and that was intimidating for even me. I can do chemistry all day without breaking a sweat but when you start talking about stock portfolios count me out.

"Fair, ok I get your point," I concede. Fucking Stan had the audacity to talk shit about me and Francesca when he is an even bigger idiot? Officially two points for team Maya and zero for Stan the man. "But this should honestly make you feel even better because he had a crush on you even when you were hungover, so that counts for something right?"