Chapter 34

"Oh she's looking spicy tonight, get it Francesca," Luna catcalls as I walk into the bedroom in a short dress and heels

"Oh she's looking spicy tonight, get it Francesca," Luna catcalls as I walk into the bedroom in a short dress and heels. For once I am dressing up for a party, in the mood to wear something other than a boring crop top and jeans. For now I am pretending that mood was triggered by yesterday's big win and not the new knowledge I have about Ryder not liking Maya.

"Dress up with me and Maya!"

"For hockey house? Did you hit your head Fran?"

"Please, it will be fun. We both won yesterday, we should celebrate that and look hot while doing it." I start digging through her side of the closet looking for a dress. Luna helps me look and I give her a side hug before we continue to rip apart her closet.

Maya helps us finish getting ready since this is way out of our comfort zone and something she's been trying to get us to do for months now. Once we are all dressed and our hair and make up is done we emerge from our room to find Parker on the couch with Tristian.

"God damn! My roommates are so hot," Parker yells while throwing himself dramatically across the couch with the back of his hand on his forehead.

Tristian doesn't say a word but the look he is giving Luna almost makes me feel like I am intruding, like I should give them some privacy. Tristian often looks at Luna like she is his entire world and usually that melts my heart but today I feel a little bit of jealousy. I want someone to look at me that way, a very specific someone.

"Ready," I ask, breaking Tristian from his trance.

The walk to hockey house is much longer than usual with me, Maya, and Luna freezing our asses off in our dresses. Tristian holds Luna close to him and Parker tries to keep me and Maya warm but Maya has always been worse with the cold than me so I let him take care of her and walk alone.

When we finally walk in the party has already begun and I leave my friends to go find mr. no fun, who if I had to guess has locked himself in his room with our rats. The door is, of course, locked when I get upstairs so I grab the hidden spare key and unlock it myself.

"Wow," is the first thing out of his mouth when I barge in. I shift from foot to foot and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, suddenly a little self conscious of my outfit choice. "You are going to make my job hard tonight, Beck."

"Which is why you should stick by me instead of standing in your corner. What kind of shitty ass bodyguard are you?"

"My apologies," he laughs as he gets up from his disaster of a desk, dressed in black jeans and a black shirt. I guess both of us felt like switching up our style tonight. "Ready to go celebrate the best ice skating win I have ever seen?"

"Bar is pretty low when you've never watched ice skating before."

"Hey, hey, relax there, I watched the olympics, I know things Beck."