Chapter 30

"You are aware you two are insane, correct?"

"You've said that 4 times already Josh, can we use the rink Thursday night or not?"

"Actually you can have it all day. We canceled everything for the week on Tuesday."

"You did? Did I miss the email about that? Did you send it just to Francesca? She didn't mention it to me."

"We didn't cancel you two but everything else we did. We wanted to give you two as much ice time as possible, even while we tried to sort this out."

"Thanks Josh. So Thursday? Are we all good?"

"Barb is going to cry when I tell her what you two are doing but yes. Thank you Ryder. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for us."

"There are no two people more deserving than you and Barb. I need to run but I will see you tomorrow, Josh." I give Josh a pat on the arm even though I think he wants to give me a hug but besides Bray the other day the only person I really hug ever is Francesca. With everyone else emotions and stuff is still scary and uncomfortable but when she is upset, I don't have time to feel anything but concern. When people have cried around me in the past I have just frozen in fear but yesterday when she began to cry I sprung right into action to make her feel better again.

"Where are you going?" Josh yells after me as I reach the front door.

"I have a murder to commit," I yell back flashing him a big smile before I dart out the door to my car.

I drive straight to the arena where the figure skaters are ending their practice and park my car in a different parking lot so no one sees it. Francesca thinks I am with Bray doing work for tomorrow but really I am on a killing spree. Of the original group there are less than 30 of us left in the game of assassins. Yesterday when I unpaused the game I used the crowded bar to my advantage and took out Dunk and then Spittsie back to back. I have seen Dunk's popsicle earlier so I planned it just right. Now I have Colleen, a freshman on the figure skating team.

I hide in a bush outside the arena and wait for everyone to leave. I could strike the second I see Colleen but I still don't know who has me so I would prefer she be alone. I finally see Colleen leave the arena, her head on a swivel, speed walking toward where she lives. I let her get some distance before crossing to the opposite side of the street and begin to follow her. As she gets farther from the arena she slows up but I remain on the opposite sidewalk from her until her guard is fully down.

Finally she is relaxed and pops one headphone in. I use this to my advantage and cross the street and come up behind her. Shooting someone in the back, even with silly string, is too cowardly for me so I reach out and tap her shoulder.

"Sorry Colleen," I tell her before spraying her jacket with silly string.

"Shit," she whines before handing me over her popsicle stick. "Good luck with that one, you're gonna need it."