Chapter 62

"Maya do you need help setting up?" I ask, leaving Luna and Parker to mix drinks

"Nope, I have everything ready," she smiles at me while gesturing to the wall where the 8 pictures are hung up. It was impossible to make a proper triangle so instead the bottom row has 3 pictures, the next row has 2, the one above that also has 2, and then there is one picture at the top.

"I can't believe this is our last pyramid of junior year," Parker pouts as he hands us each a glass of whatever in god's name he and Luna made. They saw it on tik tok so that means it is either really good or will have us all throwing up soon.

Luna walks into the room and hugs me. "I hate summer without you guys, it is so boring."

"But the alone time with Tristian will be nice," I offer. Luna is the bitchy mean roommate but she is also the one that cries hysterically when we all leave. She is full of really strong feelings, which few people would expect. I think Luna prefers it that way; she was used a few times as a kid because her and Tristian were so talented, now she is more guarded with who she lets in.

"Speaking of alone time, how did Ryder's doctor appointment go today? Alex mentioned something about it this morning when we were getting coffee."

"Is coffee code for fucking in the bathroom of the Starbucks?" Parker wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

"No!" Maya yells defensively. "He went down on me, that is different."

I flip off the whole room and throw myself dramatically onto the couch. "Keep rubbing it in assholes." Everyone laughs even as I chuck a random pillow at them.

"To be fair he could do that, you are just choosing not to do anything because... well actually I still don't get it. I get not having sex like 4 broken ribs and not allowed to do physical activity really, but why nothing else?"

"Because Luna, I am weak!" I yell dramatically. "He has no regard for his own well being as we all very much know and I already get all gooey and soft when we kiss. If we do anything else I will be helpless. I will cave to all his wants."

"I mean I get that, have you seen him? I'd have a hard time getting off my knees for him," Maya adds.

"You literally have a boyfriend Maya?"

"Listen Chen, you saw the bruises I am not discriminating," she warns. Last night Maya came skipping out of the bathroom showing us her bruised knees. Honestly, I always thought the bruised knees thing was a joke but Maya has proven me wrong in just a week of dating Alex. At least he is living up to his reputation and I must admit Maya is quite literally glowing. But is it so wrong to also want the glow? I mean my boyfriend is so hot I should be getting my back broken like a glow stick at least twice a week.

"Besides, Fran was the one who said when she first saw Bray she wanted to get with him not Ryder and tried to hook me up with Ryder"

"Which is bull!" Parker yells getting heated again about my drunken confession from last week. "The first time you met him he called me desperate!"