Chapter 10

"We are the talk of campus," Francesca announces when she walks into the rink

"We are the talk of campus," Francesca announces when she walks into the rink. I got here a few minutes ago and am just returning from getting the cones out of the office.

"You guys started this," I remind her. Two days ago the figure skaters stole Bray's door, but honestly he kinda deserved it. I still can't figure out what crawled up his ass that night, maybe he was still jaded about our loss but Bray is usually the easy going one between the two of us. Anyways, after he saw his door on twitter he decided that he wasn't just going to get his door he was going to get even too. As retaliation him and a few of the guys got to the arena early Wednesday to got the figure skaters back by spraying them with shaving cream when they walked in. Both somehow ended up on Instagram.From there the student newspaper got ahold of them and announced there was a prank war between the two teams. Both my team and Francescas latched on to the idea, neither wanting to be declared the loser of this made up war. So far the figure skaters haven't gotten us back for the shaving cream but I have been on edge since yesterday morning about it.

"If I would have known what it would lead to I wouldn't have let Parker steal the dumb door."

"I am still really impressed you all got it out of the house without being spotted." Not only was the house packed but the door is kind of heavy and with all the snow and ice we have I can't imagine carrying it back to their place was easy.

"Don't underestimate me Ryder," she winks before stepping on the ice and gracefully skating backwards. "I think we need a truce," she adds as I start skating too, both of us warming up together. The cones still aren't set up so we use the whole length of the ice to stretch.

"Us? About?"

"This prank war. If we get involved then it might make it hard to practice together."

"Fair," I concede. To be honest I was a little worried about retaliation today so I am glad to know she has no intention of bringing the prank war here with her. "Ok truce neither of us will get involved in the prank war. We don't have to stop pranks or give warnings about pranks we know about but we can't actively participate. We will be neutral which means neither of us can be specifically targeted."

"Deal," she nods and we both shake hands. "Look at us, it is almost like we are friends."

"Lets not go that far Beck," I tease and she rolls her eyes in return.

Both of us continue to warm up in silence, slipping into our more serious practice mode. That is the nice thing about practicing with Francesca, she can turn her more serious side on and off just as easily as I can. In the past I have tried to practice with friends and they just want to talk the entire time or goof off. Francesca and I, even when we didn't get along could argue and bicker then as soon as we stepped on the ice turn it off but then step off the ice and pick up right where we left off.

After our stretching and warmups we set up the cones together. As I set the extras down she follows me. "Hey, did you pick a song? I want to start choreographing as soon as possible."