Chapter 61

"I just don't get it, is she holding your ransom? Is she blackmailing you? Dude seriously, blink twice Trist if you need help

"I just don't get it, is she holding your ransom? Is she blackmailing you? Dude seriously, blink twice Trist if you need help."

Tristian laughs off my questions in his typical good nature, though I have seen once or twice a darker side of him. Luna knows how to get herself in trouble and Tristian has no problem jumping in and protecting her when that does happen. He may not be the biggest guy or the strongest but he will take on anyone that dares to disrespect Luna. Minus me, because me and Lulu we are frenemies, so it is different.

"How long have you two been together?" Stan asks as he drops the weights he was curling with and joins us over at the squat rack.

"4 years," he smiles fondly.

"Afternoon whipped bitches," Bray greets as he walks into the gym. Me, Stan and Bray have a standing Saturday workout during the off season. Even during the summer when I was here and they were both home they'd drive here on Saturdays just for our workout. Yesterday night I texted Tristian and extended an invite. We even have a group chat with the 4 of us called 509 Boyfriends.

"You're also a whipped bitch," I point out.

"Don't kink shame," Bray teases with a wink.

I spin around again and lock eyes with Tristian. "Does Luna tie you up? I feel like Luna is the type to do that."

"Ryder, why do you care?" Stan asks, looking slightly disturbed. So much for a judgment free zone, damn.

"Because Stan she...she...she's the devil and he is so nice! I don't get it!"

"Surprisingly Luna is actually a very sensitive person... but don't tell her I said that," he rushes. "But she is, she is super sensitive but she also has strong opinions and she isn't going to bite her tongue to please anyone. It is why the skating community kinda pushes back and tries to make her more like, well more like Francesca honestly. It's why Luna tried to switch roommates right before moving in freshman year."

"Luna and Francesca weren't always friends?" Bray says in disbelief.

"It's not that they weren't friends. Ok well they weren't, but they didn't hate each other that's for sure. But they both were out of place in the community for different reasons. Luna was too loud, too abrasive, she wasn't ladylike enough. While Fran had that part, she was always fighting an uphill battle compared to everyone else who had hours and hours of these former Olympian trainers training them and such. Each for different reasons were kind of being overlooked by judges and especially Team USA for Olympic spots, even though they were both competing at that level."

"So, you kind of get screwed because of Luna? Did you ever think about switching partners?" I ask curiously.

"No, not even for a second. Luna is more than just my skating partner and if I couldn't do this with her I would retire. I only have a passion for skating because of her. I love skating with her."