chapter 2 : bargering

" They say that we feel those we love , we feel their pain , their grief , their suffering , that somehow our souls must be attached to theirs so every time they hurt we feel hurt too ? you know what I was doing when Loki was living his last moments ? I was in a ceremony , probably dancing ... I felt nothing , nothing at all ... wasn't I supposed to feel something ? isn't that what love is ? to feel those we love ? why didn't I feel him then ? "
Your maid looks at you without saying anything , she puts food in front of you and then begs you to eat " you haven't eaten for days " she says in a voice filled with anxiety and fear... " your people need you to be strong..."
" May I have some time alone? " You answer her staring at the ground under your feet as your heard her walking away ...
You take off your dress to put on Loki's shirt , his smell still stuck between its folds , you put your nose in its sleeve and then you curl up in the middle of the bed like a fetus ...

When the morning came again you were already awake , you did not feel the warmth of the sun like you used to do , never heard the birds singing outside your window like you always did ...
You dragged yourself out of your bed , did not bother to take a look at yourself in the mirror when you walked in front of it ...
You knew where your next destination was, it didn't matter how you are going to get there or when ... all that mattered was to arrive there... You had heard from Thor that one of his friends on earth had a time stone, a stone that could manipulate time and travel through time... Stephen? Was that his name? You don't remember it well but at least you know where to start ... Midgard ! plus it was a chance for you to meet Thanos and make him pay for it yourself ...
Although they begged you not to leave , to leave it for Thor and his friends to take care of it but you couldn't possibly miss that chance ...
It didn't take long before you found yourself on Midgard , that was the first time you put your feet on earth . Loki had described it to you dozens of times before and promised you repeatedly that you would visit it together... a lot of unfulfilled promises but now you have a glimmer of hope That you will continue where you left off ...It wasn't hard for you to find Thanos if it looked like another world war had begun, Loki wasn't wrong the people of Midgard really love wars and destruction...

Thor was fighting with his friends against him when you appeared on the battlefield before you landed right in front of him, he only took a moment and he looked at you before he attacked you with his sword but you slipped your sword and stopped his attack... " I'll make you regret it " you said it before you pushed him , Thanos fell rolling on the ground before he get up quickly " who are you? " he said smiling ...
" I'm the one who's going to kill you "
You ran towards him again while he ran towards you, they all stood watching you fight, wondering who you were before Thor told them ...
It wasn't difficult for you to kill Thanos even when he had three infinity stones, but you wanted to prolong it and enjoy his torture, you didn't want his death to have a little mercy, so every time you passed by you cut his body with the tip of your sword until his body couldn't get up anymore
He fell to the ground on his knees looking at you... Who are you? asked you again, in a tired and fainted voice ...
" Do you remember Loki ? " you asked him with tears in your eyes...
" Yes ! " He answered with a smile on his face ... " I remember him well , I remember the sound of his neck bones cracking just like that ! - he snapped his fingers as you pushed your sword in his heart as a tear fell when your face shined with a beautiful gloating smile when you felt yourself pushing it inside his heart ...
Thanos screamed in pain before falling to the ground dead, I looked at him for a while as he lay before you pulled out your sword and it was stained with his blood ...
Yiu turned behind you to find them staring at you ...
" you should have came earlier " one of them said while laughing and poking Thor's shoulder ...
" I'm Aphrodite " you said walking towards them ...
" you mean like Aphrodite , the Goddess of love ? " said a redhead girl asking ...
" yes ! now where is Stephen ? You asked before a man came in front raising his hand and opening a portal back to his home ...
" I am here , how can I help you ? "
Stephen's house was exactly as you would have imagined , with a lot of antiques and porcelain , you followed him inside before he asked you to sit... " tea ? " He said it and you felt a weight in your hand and when you looked you found a cup of tea in your hand ...
" impressive " you took a sip of the tea making sure it's real when you were surprised by his question " after all this time , i never thought i would see you again , to whom I owe the honor to for the visit of the Goddess of love herself ? "
Stephen narrowed his eyes , clasping both his hands under his chin, when your eyes caught the time stone hanging from his neck ...
" I'm going to be straight with you " you put the cup of tea on the table and leaned to take a closer look at his stone ...
" that's what I require " he said smiling ... as for you , you gathered your words and sighed ... " I want you to bring back Loki , to save him "
" and how you're expecting me to do that ? " he said hiding the time stone ...
" I know you can go back in time and save him , I know you think he's not worth saving but he is ... you have to bring him back "
" What if I told you that we had this conversation before ? that you came to me holding the same hope, asking for the same request... what if I told you that I brought him back to life before and that it didn't end well , not for anyone and that your heart didn't heal but broke even more... "
" My heart can't break any more - your tears started to fall - bring him back ... Maybe this time will be different "...
" I'm sorry , but I can't take that risk "
Stephen said opening a portal for you to go back home , from where you came from ...
At that moment you laughed, it wasn't a real laugh but a desperate way of trying to control yourself .
" I didn't expect you to understand anyway " . " but I do understand " said stephen as he got up ...
" if you don't help me I'll find someone who does " you threatened him , you knew he would understand what you were talking about ...
" it would be better for you to stay away from him , you know he will ask for a high price , one that might coast you everything , he won't do it for free and he certainly will not do it for you to reunite with Loki , but for his own pleasure , but you already know that , don't you ? "