chapter 22 : pain and pleasure

* Contains intimate scenes *

You heard your mother screaming , calling for your father's name , you knew she found him dead in his bed ...
You put your hands on your mouth stopping yourself from crying out loud , your tears ran down your cheeks ...
soon the house was full of cops and investigators ...
You set on your wheelchair while they set on the table across you , gave you suspicious looks that made you feel exposed , like they already know what you did .
Your story seemed hard to believe , which you could excuse , who would believe you did not hear or see anything ...
- so tell me again , what you were doing exactly ?
One of them ask again , trying to see if your saying changes a bit ...
You wipe your tears with your sleeves , one of them gives you a bottle of water and asks you to take your time ...
- I was in my room , I can't walk anymore ...
- remind me again how did that happen ?
He interrupted you ...
You told him that it just happened and that even your doctor doesn't know what happened exactly .
- that's ... hmm , I'm sorry .
He says before the other one asks you to tell me what happened that morning .
- I was in my room , waiting for my mother to come and help me take a shower and have breakfast , she goes for a run before we do that so I waited in my bed , I woke up early a little but it was normal , I didn't hear anything suspicious , not until I heard my mother screaming , then she came and told me what happened ...
You bursted into tears then apologized covering your face between your hands ...
- it's okay , mam , I understand how hard this must be for you .
- are we done ? I would like to go check on my mother .
You said looking at one of them writing down something when the other one got up and went outside for a smoke .
- yes , just one more thing ... how was your relationship with your father ?
- it was great , he was a good father .
- I see , thank you for your time , we will contact you soon .

Loki was still trying to reach you , but still couldn't , he couldn't give up tho , he kept trying every time , almost for three days , he barely got any sleep or ate anything ...

Stephen strange came to see you once he heard about what happened , Loki did too , he traveled back to LA , left his photoshoot in Europe and came back to see you , to be with you ...
When he got to your house , your mother told him you were in your room upstairs .
He opened the door without knocking , found Stephen sitting on the bed next to you holding your hand .
Once you saw him you pulled your hand from Stephen's , who got up and excused himself saying he'll come back to check on you later .
Him and Loki looked at each other and said nothing at all , but they both did not be in the same room with each other , that was obvious ...

- how are you ?
Thor sits next to Loki ...

They set by the lake in front of their house .
Loki was lost in his thoughts before Thor woke him up , he puts his hand gently on Loki's shoulder and looks at his sad face ...
- huh !? what did you say ?
Loki asks looking at Thor ...
- I asked how you're doing ?
- I'm fine ... I just ... I'm worried about her a little , it's been few days since I last saw her .
- I'm sure she's okay .
- how ? how can you be sure ?
Loki says looking far at the lake again .
- just like that .
Loki laughs in pain , he gets up then turns to Thor ...
- I guess it's easier when it's not your heart that's burning .
- that's not fair , Loki .
- it's not wrong tho , is it ? you standing there telling me to just believe you saying that she's okay , how dare you !?
- how dare I ?
- yes , how dare you ?
Loki yells at Thor ...
They both get quiet , drown in heavy silence for a moment ...
- you couldn't understand , how did I ever expect you to ? everything you ever wanted came easy to you .
- yeah , I guess you're right , brother .
Thor said hiding his sad face behind a smile before he walked away ...
The moment Thor walked , Loki felt horrible , he felt guilty but his ego was too big to let him stop Thor from walking away , so he just stood quietly watching him with bitterness and eyes full of tears .