chapter 18 : lost and found

When Loki lied down in his bed he was afraid he lost , after few attempts that failed he lost his temper , threw everything to the wall and broke it ...
He lied down on the cold floor , breathing heavy , that's when he heard you singing ...
- this isn't possible !
He said focusing his hearing and you he heard you clearer ...
It wasn't something that should happen this easy , not when he's awake , but he could hear you , he knows your voice , the barrier must be close to finally fade at once ...
He closed his eyes again , slowed down his breath and he opened them again he was looking at you from the other side of the mirror ...
You were in the bathroom , under the shower , singing ...

Home is behind , the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.

The world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back to home and bed.
Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!
Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,
And then to bed! And then to bed!

Loki set quite and enjoyed watching the hot water falls on your naked wet body , listening to your sweet and pure voice singing , remembering all the times he heard you singing before ...

You warped your body with a towel and went out , headed to the mirror , the bathroom was full of steam and the mirror was totally blur ...
You wiped it then screamed when you saw him standing in front of you ...
He put his finger across his lips , shushed you

- what happened ?
Loki asked lying on your bed with his eyes still closed when he heard you screaming ...
- I ... I just ... I saw a bug .
You said looking at Loki who were still standing there looking back at you ...
There were two of them ...
Loki went back yo sleep , as for the other one he reached his arm out of the mirror and gave it to you ...
- you can't be true , you are not real .
You said with tears in your eyes pointing at him with your finger ...
- I'm sorry I didn't visit you for days .
- you're just in my head , I am going crazy ... am I not ?
- I don't know , are you ?
- seriously ?
- what do you want me to say ?
He said laughing ...
- if you're real then prove it ,
- I want to take you somewhere .
- where ?
- a beautiful memory .
He said smiling and reaching his head out of the mirror ...
You reached your hand towards his , got a little hesitated on your way to it , thought a lot about pulling it away , but in the end you gave it to him ...
He held it tightly , looked right into your eyes ...
- do you trust me ?
He asked ...
- you're a voice in my head , a creation of my troubled mind ... and you're asking me if I trust you ?!
He laughed and quickly pulled you in , in a blink of and eye you found yourself standing next to Loki in a different place ...
You looked around you , the place seemed familiar somehow , you felt like you've been there before , but it felt like memory , and right now you couldn't really trust your mind anymore as everything seemed too impossible to be true , even those things Loki told you about , even those you could easily remember , bring back ... they all felt like a creation of your own mind ...
Even there , even at that moment , it felt like it wasn't real , like you were only imagining everything ...
The place there seemed nice and bright , the sun was too warm , the birds singing , the clouds swimming in the deep blue sky ...
- where are we ?
You asked Loki ...
- don't you remember this ?
He said pointing at a giant tree in the middle of the place ...
- it's not real .
You turned to him
- isn't it ?
- it can't be .
- tell me what happened here .
You took another look around you , with him everything feels true , but once he's gone , once you're back to your life it all starts to feel unreal ...
- this is where I made you a crown ... from flowers , this is where you showed me your past , we lied down under that tree for a while and ...
- yes .
He said ...
- how can this be true ?
- I know it's too overwhelming , trust me I know .
- how did you survive ? how did you escape Hades ?
- he trapped me in a dream like yours , but for me it was mostly a horrible nightmare , he gave me everything I wanted then took it away every single time , he tortured me emotionally and mentally for weeks before I woke up , I guess for you , he decided to make it a little different , I mean giving you everything you want ...
Loki said sitting on the ground as he seemed a little tired ...