chapter 21 : Goodbye

You could not return to your room , you lied down on Loki's bed and stared at the ceiling waiting for him to come back until the morning came again ...
Warped in his cape , sniffing it , trying to memorize how does he smell like before he leaves ...
Loki on the other hand started working by the plan he and his brother made .
He went to Thor's cell first thing in the morning and helped him escape , freeing all the other prisoners as well ...
You heard a noise outside the room , people shouting and screaming ...
You quickly got up and got dressed , the sun didn't rise yet , it was still a little dark outside your window ...
As soon as you wore your dress , you held one of Loki's daggers and slowly opened the door ...
It was a total chaos outside , people fighting and killing each other .

You got a little scared , but you knew you had to find Loki , at that moment you knew it could be possibly the last time you see him and you had to see him before he leaves ...

- I have to find her .
Loki said to Thor , who stood before him stopping him from leaving the ship , told him it was too dangerous to ho back ...
Loki insisted , told him that he couldn't just disappear like that , without telling you what he had to tell you , his feelings for you , his apologizes , his goodbye ...
- you truly do love her ?!
Thor said letting go of Loki's arm ...
- you go , I'll take another ship and be right behind you ... go !
Loki held Thor , he wasn't sure he was indeed going to follow him , the grandmaster already made an announcement that Loki took one of his ships and offered a good deal to whoever brings him alive .
- go find her !
Thor said patting on Loki's shoulder ...
Loki waved at Thor leaving with the ship before he left running , looking for you ...

You sneaked out of the room , tried to stay out of their sight as much as possible , but one of them saw you , recognized you and thought he could use you to make Loki show himself ,they all knew how special you were to him ...
You screamed when he grabbed you by your long hair , he dragged you on the floor before you used Loki's dagger to cut him in his leg , he let go of you and started screaming and promising you he'll kill you ...
You crawled away from him before you got up to find yourself standing before another one , he looked terrifying ...
- well , what do we have here ?
He said smiling, showing his yellow sharp teeth , he then grabbed your arm and dragged you with him ...
- where you're taking me ?
You yelled at him ...
- I'm taking you to the grandmaster , he put a huge money on your boyfriend's head .
- Loki is not my boyfriend .

He turned to you smiling ...
- then why you're wearing his cape ?
- his ship already left , you stupid .
- I think he'll leave and not take his sweetheart with him .

He was dragging you in an empty hallway , heading to the grandmaster's private suite ...
You stabbed him with the dagger but it broke and did not even scratch him ...
- damn you , Loki ... you and your stupid butter knives .

- hey ! you !

Loki yelled standing in the hallway out of breath from all the running .
You both turned to him ...
He was standing not far from you , covered in blood ...
- Loki !
You called his name with a smile on your face .
- hey , darling .
He waved holding his dagger .
- you're here .
- of course I'm here , couldn't leave my Goddess behind .
He said smiling and approaching you ...
- this is going to be your only warning , let go of her and you might live .
He said pointing with his dagger towards him .
- I think I have a death wish then .
He threw you to fall on the ground before he ran towards Loki with his sword .
Loki flipped his daggers and ran towards him as well , and right when he was about to get him Loki disappeared from in front of him and appeared again behind him ...
- I've warned you .
Loki said putting his dagger's sharp edge on his neck before he quickly pulled it ...
You set watching the blood squirts out of his neck , colored the floor red before he fell dead ...
You and Loki ran towards each other , he took you into his arms ...
- I thought you were gone , I was afraid I won't see you again .
- shush , it's okay ... I'm here now .
He said softly kissing your neck ...
Loki wanted that moment to last forever and so did you , but you both knew it had to come to an end .
As you pulled away from each other , you looked at his face , it was covered in blood and grief ...
You kissed his lips as he wiped your tears ...
- we have to go , it's not safe here anymore .
Loki held your hand as you both ran in the hallways .
You tired as much as you could to stay away from the crowd but eventually you came across few when you arrived where the ships were , the guards were there waiting for him ...
Loki had to kill them and he did , and when he was done he chose a small ship and helped you get inside it , he set next to you and automatically put the ship to arrive at your home .
You looked at him confused for a moment , he was smiling and looking at you as of he was trying to memorize your details ...
- what ? no ... no , Loki ... no .
- listen to me .
- no !
You yelled at him , he gently placed his hand on your cheek , still holding the same smile , the same look ...
- you must go home .
- I'm going with you .
You said crying , begged him to take you with him ...
- I can't take you to a war zone , to a place that's on the edge of extension ...
- what if I never saw you again ?
You said bursting into tears , holding his face with your both hands while resting your head on his chest ...
- I want to be honest with you , my sister , Hela ... she's really strong and my brother , my friends , my people ... they need me , and I'm not sure I will come back alive , but I want you to know that I will do my best .
He laughed a little and so did you ...
- please ...
You said before your tears chocked you and you couldn't speak properly anymore .
Loki held you close to him ...
- I want you to know that I love you so much , my beautiful Goddess ... my only reason to do good in this world , to still believe there's a shine of hope left in this world , in my heart that everyone besides you says it's bitter . My Goddess , my queen , my sacred love , my one truth ... when my fight is over , when the battle is done and when the danger is gone I'll be back into your warm arms shorty after , I will look for you and I will find you again then I will spend the time I have left in peace with you for I have never known peace before I met you , wait for me , believe in me , in my return to you like you always did , love me in my absence as I'll carry your love in my heart until the moment it stops beating ...
- I'm going with you , I don't care what you say .
You both looked at each other's eyes for a moment , Loki pulled you towards him , kissed you passionately before he slowly pulled away ...
- I love you so much .
He said then he hit the button staring the engine , before he quickly jumped out of the ship ...
You tired to move but couldn't , he fixed you seatbelt and you couldn't open it ...
He stood at watching you looking at him from the window ...
- please ...
You said crying ...
You could see Loki was crying too , goodbyes are always painful ...
- I'll see you again .
Loki said smiling ...
- no ! no ... you can't do this , you jerk !
Your ship flew away as Loki opened the door and stood watching you disappear before he went and got into a ship and drove away as well .