chapter 17 : haunted by the past

The first thing in the morning , your mother came to Sakaar , couldn't wait for you to go back home to rage hell of fire on you , so she went to see you there ...
You were still packing your things to go back home when Loki came in ...
- I wanted to say goodbye before you go
He said smiling ...
Your friends laughed quietly , looked at you whispering to each other before they brought up excuses to leave you two alone ...
As the door were closed again , you went back packing ...
- it was nice meeting you , Loki
You said without looking at him ...
- can I hope to see you again ?
You looked up , at him , but he looked away , scratched the back of his head and said that the grandmaster wanted to know if you're willing to come again , so they can keep that suite for you , for whenever you need it ...
You laughed , you felt like he was lying , but you didn't say anything ...
- I don't know , Loki ... I'm not sure that coming here was a good idea in the first place ...
You puffed , set on the edge of the bed and looked down , at your feet hanging ...
- is everything okay ?
He says walking towards you with his both hands behind his back ...
He set by your side as you both shared few moments of silence and peace ...
- I think I let my parents down ... again .
You said with a sad tone ...
- all I want is to make them proud of me ...
You looked at him , you didn't know why , but Loki seemed to know exactly what you were talking about ...

" hello , mother ... have I made you proud ? "
Loki thought about his mother ... about the look on her face when he came back home in chains , about the way she looked at him ...
He looked down , as you kept looking at him , you could feel you were about to cry , because you knew exactly what was going to happen once you go back home , you know what she was going to say , how she's doing to treat you and what she will do ...

- it's like no matter what I do is ... it's never good enough , I'm never good enough ... I guess ... I guess I always find ways to ruin everything , and I want to make her happy , to make them both happy , but what about me ? what about my happiness ?
- i believe you should do what makes you comfortable , it's your life after all
Loki said putting his hand on top of yours , he smiled comforting you ...
- this is about Zeus , am I right ?
- yes .
- can I ask what happened exactly ?
You told Loki what happened , told him that you were expected to marry Zeus , that he proposed to you the night before and that you refused ...
He sighed and smiled , before he hid it away and apologized ...
- there's nothing to be sorry for , I never really liked him , it was supposed to be an arranged marriage and I ... I want someone ...
You stopped talking and looked at his eyes as he stared into yours ...
- someone ... someone what ?
He said ...
- I want someone I can love , someone who loves me back , and makes me feel loved ... I don't want yo marry at all if that's not what I'm going to have ...
- are you serious ?
Loki said laughing , which made you a little frustrated , so you asked him what he was laughing for ...
Loki leaned closer to you , you could see his eyes better , you felt like you were drowning in them , you could see your reflection inside them , he smiled as he put his hand gently in your shoulder ...
- you are literally the Goddess of love , I don't think you'll be having problems to find love , you're literally the most beautiful creature I've ever seen and I've seen too many , you're strong , and powerful , you're pure and honest ... I think ... I think you can not not be loved by anyone ...
- but here's the problem , Loki ... people fall in love with me too easily and you fast , it's true , but it's because of who I am ... the love they feel for me is more like a spell for them , a curse for me ... soon they wake up and realize they don't love me anymore , that's why I'll never find love ...
- who ever told you that , is full of crap ... you will find love , all you have to do is look closer .

You felt your heart beating so fast when you saw him leaning towards you , it was too loud you could swear he heard it too ...
He placed his hand under your chin and lifted it up and you stared blindly into his eyes ...
Just when his lips were about to hold yours the door opened , and your mother came inside ...
You and Loki pulled away from each other as you got up and walked up to her ...
She looked at you then at Loki and it seemed like she knew what was about to happen ...
- mother ! what are you doing here ?
You said standing before her ...
Her eyes were still choking Loki , she was angry and she wasn't afraid to show it ...
- is this the reason why you turned down Zeus's proposal ? for him ?
She said pointing Loki who seemed a little offended ...
He got up and walked to you both before she screamed at him ...
- stay out of this , it's enough what you did already .
- I didn't do anything
Loki said confused ...
- yes , mother ... he didn't do anything , I refused Zeus because I don't love him ...
- do you think I ever loved your father ?
- why would you say that ?
You said ...
- love is an illusion , Aphrodite , wake up and take a look out of your little pinky world ... how could you do this to me ? to your father ? you spoiled child !
- mom , please
You begged her , tried to calm her down but she was really furious , she kept saying awful things , trying to make you feel guilty ...
- you will go talk to him , and fix this .
She said pointing at you with her finger ...
- I can not and I will not , and I'm so sorry
Your mother looked at Loki again , he was standing there , quietly watching you both , he didn't feel it was the right to do ; to leave you there facing her alone ...
- if you don't do that , then don't bother come back home , you stay here ... with him .
She said before she turned away
- mom , please ...
You said holding her arm , she turned to you and slapped you ...
- don't touch me .
She yelled at you ...
- hey ! take it easy .
Loki said pulling you away from her , hid you behind him and stood in front of her ...
- that's enough .
He said looking into her eyes ...
- I meant what I said ... don't come back .
said your mother before she walked out of the room slamming the door behind her ...