chapter 23 : awake

The cops called you again , asked you more questions about your father and if he had enemies ...

After you were done with them you called Loki and asked if you could go to his house , he was extremely happy to know that you were able to walk again , not fully walk , but at least you weren't using the wheelchair anymore ...

The door knocked when you and your mom were sitting sharing silence in the kitchen , she gets up to open it and you stay starting at your cup of coffee ...

You hear her talking by the door either someone , you recognized it was Stephen's voice ...
She invites him inside and they soon stand in front of you smiling , both of them , so you knew it couldn't be that good ...
Your mother excuses herself , said she was going to pack few things of your father's to donate them later , it was clearly an excuse for her to leave you alone with him and that's another reason to believe that it could not be good ...

You say nothing , look down at your cup again , while he watches her leave the kitchen before he looks down at you from across the table ...
He then sits down , facing you . asks how you were doing ...
You look up at him , look into his eyes and think ... " what if he was Hades ? " .
There wasn't a certain way to know and right now you know he could be anyone of them ...
- I'm ... fine .
You say puffing , slide your cup away from you before you ask him if he wants some coffee which he answered that he would like that .

Stephen knew you were able to stand again , that's why he came , your mother called him , asked to come over and check on you . therefore , he wasn't really surprised ...
- I'm glad to see you walking again .
He said resting his back looking at you .
- yeah , it happened just like that .
- I've seen that before ... perhaps all you needed was some rest then .
- yeah , I suppose .
You hand him his cup and sit again .
Stephen took a sip of it , then looked at you and told you that your mother called him ...
- she did ?!
- she said you're not eating , and that you locking yourself in your room , that you ...
You laugh and Stephen stops talking , he then asked if he had said anything funny ...
- I just lost my father and I'm finally able to walk again , so where am I supposed to go if I can't stand .
- you can now , how about I take out for dinner ?
You look into his eyes for a moment and apologized ...
- to be honest , I miss you
- Stephen !
- I know you don't feel the same way about me , but I just needed to get this out of my chest , I really like you and I can't stop thinking about you .
- I'm with Loki now , and we're happy .
Stephen laughed a little while looking down , then looked at you and said he was happy for you ...
You apologized to him , for how things ended between you last time , for cheating on him , for breaking his heart ...
- what about dinner as friends ? we can make that happen , can't we ?
- yes , of course but not today .
His smile was gone ...
- you're meeting with him ?
He asks in a sad tone .
- yes .
- do you mind if I checked you before I go ? just so we will reassure your mother , she's worried about you .
- yeah , sure .
You answer him with a smile on your face ...
You knew you had to play it cool , act like you don't know anything ...

When Stephen finished he told you and your mother that you were fine , and that you will get better and you needed was some time .

When he left you went up to your room , took a quick shower and went through Loki's plan again ...
- are you ready ?
He asks you standing before you on the other side of the mirror ...
- yes .
You answer him smiling ...

You left your house, called a taxi because you weren't ready to drive yet ...
You stopped by the pharmacy and bought few things before you headed to Loki's place ...

You stood by the door , took a few moments to swallow your fear and hesitation , then knocked on the door ...
Loki opened the door with a smile on his face , rushed to give you a hug while you stood there frozen ...
- come , come inside .
He says pulling you inside holding your hand .
He was happy , he seemed happy , took you to the living room and set you next to him ...
You watch him speak and move his hands like he always does , you almost couldn't hear what he was saying , as you were lost in his eyes ...
- are you okay ? you seem lost .
He says putting his hand on your knee , it was like he woke you up , suddenly all the voices around you were heard again ...
- are you alright ?
He asks again watching you looking around you ...
You look at his hand on your knee ...
- your arm .
You say confused before you look into his eyes .
- what's with my arm ?
He asks laughing ...
- your scars are gone .
Loki flips his arms and suddenly his scars were there again .
- you mean these ?
He says smiling ...
You were certain they weren't there few seconds ago and now they're so clear to see ...
- why you do it ?
You ask him running your finger along the scar looking at it .
- I ... I don't know , I think it helps me get rid of feelings I can't deal with , but that time you saw me in your bathroom it wasn't one of those times .
- so ?
- I truly believed there was something crawling under my skin .
Loki said what he already told you before , that he had a mental illness , made him hear and see things that weren't there ...