7: Vampires, Werewolves, and Faeries, Oh My!

LPOV

"We're fairies?" I asked.

"That has got to be the lamest thing I've ever heard," Sookie said.

"You've only part farie. Lily, you and you're sister have more faire blood that Sookie. Claudine believes that your father was fae."

"Well damn. I've spent the last several years staying away from supernatural beings when I am one myself," I mumbled.

"Claudine is afraid for you all, and with a good reason," Bill said,

"What reason?" Sookie asked

"Every supernatural person I've ever know believes the fae were wiped out by vampires years ago."

"Why does everyone say that?" I asked.

"According to legend faire blood is intoxicating to vampires. And Sookie, you're blood is the most delicious I have ever tasted."

"I have a question," I said."Do we glow?"

"Well I never really thought about that but yes a bit. Why?" Bill asked.

"Rachel told me that Eric said she glowed. I was just wondering. I guess we do have a Light in a literal sense...interesting."

RPOV

Eric was making a will. Pam and I weren't happy about it.

"Why are you doing this?" Pam asked.

"Because Russell Edgington is maybe the oldest and strongest vampire on the planet not to mention the craziest. I'm covering all my bases."

"You aren't even going to put up a fight?" I asked.

"Of course I will. I just need to come up with a plan."

"Is there anything you want to leave specifically to another person?" The lawyer asked.

"Yes. I have a Viking crown I wish to leave to Rachel Caroline Compton."

"Your father's crown?" I asked.

"You were the first to know. It's only right that you have it after I'm gone."

"Too bad you won't be going anywhere," I said.

Eric sighed. "I should get you home."

We drove back to Bon Temps. "They're at Jason's," I told him.

We pulled into the driveway and knocked. Bill answered. "Did you tell him where we were?" Bill asked me.

"I didn't know it was a secret."

"Let's take a walk," Eric said. Bill, Eric and I walked into the woods.

"Rachel, I just recently found out, you are a faire," Bill told me.

"A faire. Really?" I sighed. "I guess that's better than nothing."

"Is it true faire blood lets you walk in the sun?" Eric asked Bill. Bill looked at Eric surprised.

"Oh did Sophie-Ann not tell you why she was after Sookie?" Eric asked.

"You came to Bon Temps for Sookie?" I asked.

"No I came back because it was my home."

"Oh spare us both your lying. I can see right through you," Eric said.

"Sookie is mine," Bill said.

"I'm not interested in Sookie."

"Does faire blood really let you walk in the sun?" I asked Bill.