19: Collabortation

LPOV

We were unloaded from a black SUV in the middle of the road. Eric offered me a hand as I climbed out but I swatted him away. The SUV door was closed by one of the Authority guards and they drove away leaving Eric, Bill and I alone. "Well." I smoothed my skirt, flinching when the skin pulled around the scab on my arm where my tracker had been put in. "That worked nicely, despite the stakes attached to your hearts," I said bitterly. "I still think my plan was better."

"How did you not end up in a jumpsuit?" Eric asked pulling at the stretchy material.

I shrugged, "Salome."

"There will be time to worry about your outfits later, we need to find Russell now," Bill said.

"Where do we even start?" I asked.

"Only four of us knew where he was," Eric said. I grabbed the keys off the ground and hit the unlock button, head lights flashed in the bushes.

Bill snatched the keys from me. "I'll drive." I groaned and followed him to the car.

OoOoO

When we got to Fangtasia, Eric walked in ahead of me and Bill. "May I have everyone's attention, Fangtasia will be closing early tonight. We have some...business to attend to." Fangbangers grumbled as they left the bar. Bill and I walked in once the place was clear. Ginger was the only person left and she was quickly cleaning up the bar, she waved when she saw me and I smiled politely. I had never had an actual conversation with Ginger but, according to Rachel, she was pretty out of it after so much glamouring. I wondered if my powers worked the same way; Bill had known that I had used some sort of magic on him a few hours after I'd done it and it always wore off Rachel , but she had never be able to be glamoured by vamps only me. Fae magic was much too confusing and I had no plans to ever track down any other fairies to discus my powers with, not after Claudine.

Eric sat in his throne and I rolled my eyes. "You're so weird."

"You can join me," he offered motioning to the smaller chairs on either side of him.

I laughed. "No thanks, I'll pass." I sat down with Bill at one of the tables and we waited in complete silence for Pam to return.

After fifteen minutes of sitting I was considering getting up to hunt for Pam's stash of Cosmopolitan and InStyle magazines, when she burst in yelling about Fangtasia being open till four. "I sent them home," Eric said. Pam stopped and her jaw dropped a bit when she saw him. Tara stood behind Pam and I stood up quickly.

"Tara?" I asked.

"Hey Lily," Tara said. She smiled and her fangs popped out.

"Holy shit!" I turned to look at Pam and she shifted uncomfortably. We both looked at Eric.

"What is she doing here?" Eric asked calmly.

"I made her, while you were gone," Pam said. I grabbed Tara's arm which was covered in red splotches, which I really hoped belonged to her and not some innocent person she'd eaten for dinner, and wheeled her out of the room. Bill followed us down to Eric's office.

"God you're gross, how long have you been wearing those clothes?" I asked.

"A while," she said. I dug through some of the inventory boxes until I found an oversized Fangtasia t-shit, and handed it to her. I grabbed TrueBloods from the shelf above the shirts and handed one to Tara and one to Bill before going to the mini fridge where Rachel stashed Dr. Peppers and grabbing a soda for me.

"So what happened to you?" I asked.

"I saved Sookie, what else could have possibly happened. I used to think things Rachel said about Sookie were harsh but she's right isn't she? Sookie is the cause of all our problems. If we just sent her off somewhere maybe we'd be done with all this shit."