40: Where Do We Go From Here?

RPOV

I woke up in the middle of the day. It took me a moment to remember where I was. I climbed out of bed and headed downstairs to see if there was anything to eat. When I got to the living room I saw Jessica sitting, staring at her phone, still in her dress from last night. I stopped in my tracks, "Bill's dying," I remembered.

She looked up, she'd been so absorbed in her thoughts she hadn't even noticed me come downstairs. She nodded. "We need to tell Sookie."

"Have you called her?" I asked.

"Twice, but she's not picking up."

"She was pretty wasted last night," I recalled. "I bet she's still asleep."

"Will you go get her?" She asked.

"Yeah," I told her. "Let me change."

"You can borrow something of mine, if you want." I nodded and headed towards the stairs. "Rach?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

I paused on the steps. "Are any of us?"

OoOoO

I walked into Sookie's house. It was still covered in decorations from the party last night. "Sookie?" I called. There wasn't an answer. My stomach growled. I went into her kitchen and made a bowl of cereal before heading up stairs.

I peeked into Sookie's room, she was still in bed. "Hey, Sook, get up." She grunted. I walked over to her and dropped onto the bed next to her, my cereal almost sloshed out of the bowl.

"What?" She groaned.

"I have to tell you something, it's important."

"Couldn't you have called?" She asked.

"Jessica tried, you didn't pick up, obviously," I said. "Anyway, this is something that needs to be talked about in person. Please, get up."

She must have heard my desperation, because she slowly pushed herself up. I stood up and opened her dresser, I threw her a t-shirt and shorts. Then I walked into her bathroom and found a bottle of Advil. I hurled the bottle at her across the room. It hit her in the chest and she grunted.

"You want some coffee?" I asked, taking a bite of my cereal. "I want some coffee."

"I'll take some cereal too."

I nodded and headed downstairs. When she finally joined me she looked like death, but at least she was dressed. I handed her breakfast. "Now, let's go."

"What's going on?"

"Jess and I should tell you together."

"Something's wrong," she realized. "Something's always wrong."

OoOoO

Sookie walked with me reluctantly back to Bill's. I ushered her inside and closed the door behind us. "Door's closed," I called to Jessica. She opened the door to the living room; she had changed into a tank top and jeans.

"Okay, I'm here," Sookie said.

"It's Bill," Jessica told her.

"What about him?"

"We overheard him telling someone that he's Hep-V positive," I told her.

"That's impossible," Sookie said. "He was fine last night."

I nodded. "That's what I thought. But I'm telling you, that's what he said."

"Tell me exactly what you heard," she said.