30: Between A Rock And A Hard Place

RPOV

Ben grabbed Jason and dragged him to the couch in the living room. "I'll call 911," Sookie said running into the kitchen.

I stared at Jason for a moment. I never knew what to do when people were hurt. "I'll go after Niall," I said. I turned and ran towards the door but stopped when I realized that between the vampire's super speed and Niall's teleportation I'd never catch up. I started to return to the living room just in time to see Ben bite his arm and drip blood into Jason's mouth. I clamped my hand over my mouth because I didn't trust myself not to panic and scream or something.

Ben must have heard me anyways because he turned to face me, fangs still out. He moved towards me at vamp speed. "You won't tell Sookie what you saw here," he said.

"You can't glamour me, you should already know that," I told him. "But I won't tell her." I knew I should, this vampire faerie hybrid was most likely Warlow. He had probably killed dozens of faeries in the nightclub and he probably wanted to kill Sookie. But he was half vampire and half faerie, just like Lily, and I wanted to know more about him. More confidently I repeated, "I won't tell her."

Sookie came into the room and Jason sat up on the couch, the vampire blood taking effect. Ben was still staring at me and I mouthed "yet" before walking around him to get a better look at Jason. He did look totally healed, another point for Ben. "I just sat down and he woke up," Ben told Sookie.

She looked at me and I nodded. "Yeah, I guess it wasn't as bad as we thought. I'm glad you're alright, Jason."

Niall entered looking annoyed, an expression I was beginning to learn was almost always on his face. "Did you get her?" Ben asked.

"If you hadn't left, I would have," Niall told him. "Sookie is the one who we need to protect, not her brother."

"I'm sorry, I guess I'll just get out of your way," Ben said. He walked towards the door and Sookie followed him.

I went to Jason and inspected him. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I fell better than ever," he said.

I had no doubt Jason was all right now; I knew how good vampire blood was at fixing otherwise deadly injuries. But we still didn't know what was causing his fainting spells and who's to say that it wouldn't resurface in a few days once the blood wore off. "Ok," I said with a nod.

"Were your worried about me?" He asked grinning.

"Well you did faint on Sookie's rug, do you know how many times she's had to get that replaced? If you died on it we'd both be pissed," I said. I hit him in the arm. "Of course I was worried about you, you big idiot."

He just smiled widely making me laugh, much to Niall's annoyance. I'm sure he just loved the personalities of his three newfound relatives. Sookie acted like she had a stick up her butt, and when I wasn't being extra stubborn I was acting like a child with Jason.

LPOV

Eric, Pam and I stopped to find Tara after we were safely away from Ginger's house. Pam summoned her and we waited for quite a while before we showed up. "Where's the girl?" Eric asked.

"You won't find her," Tara said.

"As your maker I-" Pam started but Tara started yelling and covering her ears to block her out.

"Wow, real mature," I said.

Eric jumped on her and pinned her to the ground. "If you aren't going to listen to your maker you will listen to me."