14: The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants

LPOV

Everything was chaos. People were running and screaming, vampires were throwing people against the walls, and Sookie and I were trying to push our way through the crowd towards Bill and Eric.

"Eric!" I yelled. He threw Bill to the ground; Bill pulled out a gun and shot him.

"Eric, don't let her control you!" Sookie said. Eric pushed her to the ground and turned to attack Bill again. "Lily, do something!" She screamed at me. Time seemed to stop, everything moved in slow motion. Eric was about to stake Bill but I couldn't panic now. I jumped in front of him and grabbed his shoulder and looked straight into his eyes.

"You are not going to let her control you. You are going to come out from under her spell," I told him calmly.

"I am not letting her control me. I am not under her spell," he said emptily. He looked away and then his head snapped back to face me. "I remember everything."

IPOV

"Rachel?" Tara asked when I opened my eyes.

"It's both of us. This time Rachel and I came to a real agreement. You are going to need me to get out of here," I said sitting up.

"Do you think you can help up break down Antonia's wall?" Holly asked.

"I don't know. I didn't help her cast the spell so I am not sure exactly what kind she used. I'll try a few things. You two start looking through some books and see if you can't find anything. If I can't bring it down myself we'll have to improvise." I began trying all the reversal spells I could think of but it's an extremely difficult task to reverse another witch's spell. Then the door flew open.

Holly and I won't say anything about you and Rachel working together. Just play along with her. Tara said. Rachel accepting me as part of her allowed me access to her telepathy abilities, so now I could communicate with our allies without difficulty. Roy ran in and started talking about the rally. I looked behind my sister. Two vampires stood there but neither one of them was Eric.

"Where's Eric?" I asked.

"We lost him," was all she said.

Is he dead? Rachel asked.

I don't know. I responded.

Antonia walked out of the room mumbling to herself. She rubbed her temples like she had a headache and then disappeared into the back storage room. "Uh Ileana is your sister alright?" Tara asked.

"I don't know." I followed after her into the back room.

LPOV

"I remember everything. I remember you and me, and I still feel the same way," Eric said.

"But you've changed," I said.

"No, I'm still that Eric just more. Look at me and tell me you don't still see him in my face." I looked into his eyes. I could almost imagine he was still the Eric that I had fallen in love with, but one thing had changed one very big thing. I looked away quickly.

"Of course I still I see him."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Rachel. You remember her now. Before I could pretend you were a different person and still feel like I wasn't a terrible sister but now that you remember her I can't think of you as someone else."

"Rachel was the first person in a thousand years to ever make me feel human. We had something special, without her I never would've been able to feel the way I feel about you. I needed her to make me human so you could look at me and see some good in me. If you had just met me without Rachel ever being involved you would've looked at me and seen a cold cruel man, but you saw the man I was with Rachel. When I fell in love with you I realized I could be that man all the time."