3: It's Never Nothing

LPOV

"I'm done. Find Bill bring him back, but I'm not helping. I'll keep making phone calls but I'm done with all this vampire shit," I told Rachel when we got home.

"Lily, be reasonable."

"I am! I've never wanted to be around vampires and you know that."

She started to say something else, but I cut her off.

"You are going to drop this," I commanded. I felt a little jolt and Rachel was staring at my blankly.

"I'm going to drop this," she repeated.

"Rach are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah fine. I guess I should get going." She said sounding like her normal self again but totally moving on from out argument. That was really weird…

RPOV

I drove up to Fangtasia where I showed Eric the symbol. He claimed he didn't recognize it.

"You're lying," I said.

"No."

"Yes you are. I've been around you enough, you have a tic."

"What is it?" He asked.

"Like I'd tell you. What do you know about werewolves?" I asked.

"Their dangerous," he said simply.

"So are you. What else?"

"They're territorial, vicious, and secretive."

"That sounds exactly like you."

"They're nothing like us."

"Right. Well Sookie's going to need more than that or she'll end up getting the rest of us in trouble," I rolled my eyes.

"She's human," He said.

"Doesn't mean we're stupid, but we need your help."

"I'm not talking to you about there weres. I don't want you trying to chase them down, you'll only get hurt."

"You don't know that."

"No, but I'm not risking your life because you want to play brave."

"You've got to give me something. He's my family. He and Lily are the only family I have left." I said sniffing. I didn't cry much but the thought of loosing someone else in my family so soon after my mom made tears come up.

"Don't do that. It makes me feel…human," Eric said.

"If making you feel human will make you help me then I have no choice," I said trying to stay strong but I really couldn't help crying.

"Do you really want to know about Operation Werewolf?" He asked.

"Yes."

He seemed to go off to some place far away, "It was in Germany in 1945. Godric and I were looking for the werewolves that were part of that group, they all had those marks it was the way we could tell. They're killers and we had to take them down. There was a girl we captured; she wanted my blood in exchange for information. Godric told me not to give it to her but I did I needed to know. She said that a vampire led the group, and then she attacked me. Godric killed her and that's all the information I got out of her."

"But most vampire killed people, what was so special about those wolves. And please don't say it's because vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies or something. What was so special about the werewolves with those marks?" I asked.

"It's a long story. You should get back to Bon Temps," He said.

"Eric-" I started to say something but he cut me off.