5: Two Can Play That Game

RPOV

Bill, Sookie and I were dragged into Russell's mansion. I saw Eric coming around the corner. The vampire that was holding me pushed me away and Eric grabbed me. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Eric, what's going on?"

He didn't answer. Two seconds later I was standing alone and I looked up to see him blocking Sookie from Bill.

"Eric, get them out of here. Please," Bill cried.

Eric took Sookie to Russell. "I don't know what she is but it's quite valuable."

"What about the other one?" Russell asked looking at me. "I didn't see her do anything particularly interesting."

Eric looked at me. He looked like he was trying to tell me something. I wished for the first time that I was my sister, so I could read his mind.

"She's valuable as well. I wouldn't get rid of either of them."

He was giving me up to Russell. Why?

Russell grabbed and brought me over to where he'd been standing with Eric and Sookie.

I looked at Eric hoping to see something that would tell me that he wasn't really giving me away just like that.

"I've only tasted this one. She's extraordinary." He seemed to hesitate. "I bet Sookie would be even better."

That was a lie. I'd heard from both Bill and Eric that my blood smelt even better than Sookie's. Was Eric trying to protect me? I had absolutely no idea what was going on anymore.

Some vampire lady asked Russell what he was going to do with Bill.

Who's that? I asked Sookie.

Lorena, Bill's maker. She told me.

"You are going to kill him," Russell told her.

"No!" Sookie screamed.

Even Lorena looked like she didn't want to do it.

"Eric, take the girls into the library," Russell told him.

We walked towards the library.

"Eric, are you really giving us to Russell?" Sookie asked.

"No one crosses the king of Mississippi and lives," He said.

"I know about the wolves with the marks," I said. He stopped. "They killed your family, didn't they? Your family is the one thing you won't ever talk about."

"We'll talk about it later," He said.

"Eric, there isn't going to be a later. At least not for me." I paused. "Russell is the leader, but you know that already don't you? That's why you're here."

"Stop talking Rachel," Eric said.

"What about all that stuff about caring about me and not wanting to see me get hurt?" I asked.

He looked at me. He knew I was beginning to unravel his plan but for now I was just trying to stir Sookie up, on purpose.

"Rachel, you mean nothing to me," He said. I figured he was lying but I just thought I'd test it. He turned away from me and was pacing across the room.

"Well yeah I don't care much about you either. I had sex with a werewolf."

He stopped suddenly and looked at me. All of a sudden big tough Eric was gone.

"I'm sorry. Not that you would care, since I mean nothing to you. Right?"

The two of us were going to have a lot to talk about if we made it out of here alive.