42: Hope For Tomorrow

RPOV

Sookie and I jumped in Alcide's truck and drove to Shreveport. We arrived at Fangtasia after sunrise. Three men stood outside the door with guns. "Lily wasn't kidding," I mumbled.

We both took a deep breath and climbed out of the truck. The men walked towards us. "Hi, we're here to see Eric Northman," I said. "We're friends of his."

One of them yelled something at us in Japanese. I glanced at Sookie. "Do any of you speak English?" She asked sweetly.

"I do," one of them said. "What is your business here?"

"Like she said, we're here to see Eric."

"You are very brave," he said, stepping towards her. "Brave and stupid."

"So I've been told." The man went inside. After a few moments someone yelled out and the men standing around us suddenly grabbed our arms. They led us inside. Lily, Eric, and Pam were sitting across from another man, who I assumed was in charge. Lily was shooting me warning looks, but I just glanced away.

"Look at Eric," Sookie whispered. I did, his black veins were gone. I knew what Lily said, but it was hard to believe without seeing it in person.

"Is this your sister, Lily?" A man, who I assumed was in charge, asked.

"No, never seen her before," Lily said dryly. "Rachel has a habit of butting into things she shouldn't concern herself with."

The man said something in Japanese and his men pulled out their guns. Lily and Eric both shot out of their seats. "They shouldn't be here," he said to them.

"If you touch a hair on either of their heads, this deal is done," Lily said. "They haven't done anything but show up to check on their friends."

He looked us over. "Fine, they can leave. But if I see either of them poking their heads into places they don't belong..." he trailed off, but we all heard the threat.

Rachel, I told you not to come here! Lily shouted at me telepathically.

"However, they've seen that Eric is cured. You sister is fae, so she can't be glamoured. How do we know they won't tell anyone what they've seen?"

"I can glamour them, I've done it before. It was part of my gift, even before I was turned."

Don't you fucking dare, I said to Lily telepathically.

She walked towards me. Listen to Gus, she said in her head.

"Sookie, you're going to forget about what you saw here. You're going to go home and forget you were ever in Shreveport." Sookie nodded, looking entranced.

"Rachel, go back to Bon Temps, forget everything you've seen here. I'll find you when I can."

Sookie and I walked out of Fangtasia and got in the truck. Neither of us said anything until we were in Bon Temps. "Did we go to Shreveport?" I asked.

"Yep," Sookie said. "And your sister made us forget what we saw."

"But not what we heard," I realized. "Ooh, she's good."

"Gus was thinking about something in the basement," Sookie told me.

"That must be where they're keeping Sarah."

"Then that's where we've gotta take Bill."

We pulled up outside the house, it was getting close to sundown. I heard the living room door slam the moment we threw open the front door. "Crap, sorry, Jess!" I called. Sookie closed the front door behind us.