15: Sisters Stick Together

LPOV

I woke up extra early, before Sookie or Tara got out of bed, and went up to Rachel's room. I knocked on her door hesitantly. There was a groan and a mumbled voice that said something that could have been "go away" but I wasn't positive. "Rach?" I called.

There was a pause. "Come in." I opened the door and poked my head in to see a very sleepy looking Rachel barely sitting up in bed.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"What do we have to talk about at 5 o'clock in the morning?" She asked.

"You know."

"It's 5 o'clock in the morning. I honestly don't remember," she said unhappily. "Are you going to waste my time just standing there or are you going to say something?"

"The Eric thing," I reminded her.

"Oh. That."

"Yes, that."

"It isn't a big deal," She said waving me away. She started to lay back down.

"I hooked up with your boyfriend who had lost him memory due to crazy witches, the same witches that also kidnapped you. What part of that isn't a big deal?" I asked skeptically.

"Look, Eric and I are done. We should've been done months ago but I was stupid and I made a mistake. Talking to Ileana really helped me see that. She knew more about me than I did, if that makes any sense. She helped me figure out I needed to stop running away from what I want and start owning up to my mistakes."

"You have a right to be mad at me. You know that right?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I'm just choosing not to be. You're my sister, I could never be mad at you for very long." I stared at her blankly ready for her to laugh and say "Just kidding bitch, I want you out of my life forever." She sighed loudly. "I want you to be happy. If Eric makes you happy then I want you to be with Eric. Ok?"

"Ok?" I said uncertainly.

"I'm serious. I want you to go over to Bill's at sundown and tell Eric that the two of you have my blessing or whatever."

"If you're sure?"

"I'm positive! Now go away so I can get some sleep ok?"

"Ok." I walked towards the door. I looked over my shoulder. "Rach?"

"What else?"

"Nothing. Just, thanks."

"No problem." She said with a sleepy smile.

RPOV

When I walked down stairs a few hours later Sookie, Lily and Tara were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee. I poured myself a cup and sat down grabbing the sugar and milk jug. "What are we fucking magnets for trouble or something?" Tara asked.

"Oh god! Please don't say that!" Lily groaned. Sookie and Tara laughed.

"Someday I see myself growing old and sitting on the front porch with my grandbabies in my lap," Sookie said.

"I've always wanted that too." I said nodding.

"You aren't going to get that dating a vampire," Lily said. She didn't say it rudely but she looked surprised with herself afterwards like she hadn't expected the words to come out of her mouth, she was still walking on egg shells around me.

"I know," I said quietly.

"You know I've never wanted kids. It's not that I don't like them; it's just that I only like other people's kids, plus I'd be a terrible mother I missed out on that nurturing gene. But I'd love to be sitting on that porch with you guys," Lily said.