26: Right Vs. Wrong

RPOV

"I made lemonade," I said sitting out a pitcher and some glasses.

"Would've rather had a beer," Jackson said.

"Well lemonade is better for you," I said pouring him a glass. He grumbled but took it anyways. I took another glass to Alcide who was working on putting a fence up around the trailer. He finished it in a couple of seconds. As I was pouring a refill a truck pulled up. A man got out and walked towards the three of us.

"Evening, Jackson," he said. Jackson grunted. "Alcide, haven't see you since you were a pup. And who is this?" He asked gesturing towards me.

"Alcide's girlfriend," I answered.

"Not a were," he noted.

"Nope," I said.

"Interesting."

"Did you come here for a reason?" Jackson asked him.

"I've been warning people. There's been a bunch of baby vamp attacks in the area; the vamps are building their ranks."

"Baby vamps on their own?" I asked. "Where are their makers?

"How should I know?" He shrugged. "Anyways, just thought I'd let you know, so you'd be prepared."

"That's why we're building a silver fence," Jackson said. "Now get off my land." I ducked back inside the trailer as the man was starting to leave to grab my phone. I dialed Lily again but she didn't answer. When Jessica had called me a few days ago asking if I'd heard from Lily or Bill I told her I hadn't but I was sure they were fine. Truthfully, I was extremely worried about my sister. Jackson brushed past me as I went back outside.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"Still bitter about getting kicked out of the pack," Alcide said.

"What'd he do?"

"Stole some money from them. He won't admit though." I tossed my phone back and forth between my hands. Alcide glanced up from his work and looked at me. "You alright?"

"Just worried about Lil is all."

"The girl is tough, I'm sure she's fine wherever she is. Plus she has Eric and Bill on her side, right? There's no way either of them would let anything happen to her."

I nodded. "You're right, I just feel like I should be doing something to look for her."

"We'll leave soon, don't worry."

OoOoO

That night we were sitting in the trailer. Jackson was watching TV and Alcide was heating up some microwave dinner. I was debating whether it would be more be more comfortable to sleep in here or to sleep in Alcide's truck outside. I heard voices outside and looked out the window to see some baby vamps near the fence, one of the girls touched it and squealed when it burnt her skin. I looked over at Alcide, "There are some vamps outside and they're going next door." Alcide grabbed his gun.

"Don't go out there," Jackson said.

"We can't let some innocent people die," I said. "Come on, Alcide."

Before Alcide opened the gate he looked at me, "Stay in here, don't argue with me this time." I nodded and he went through the gate towards the other trailer. The vampires who had been at our fence were climbing all over the trailer next door scaring the old woman inside. Alcide shot one of the vamps before it had a chance to react. The other two jumped on him and knocked the gun out of his hand.