13: Trust Me

LPOV

Eric struggled until nightfall. I felt the spell slide away and realized the sun must've set. It was over, the spell was gone and Eric was still alive. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "Ok. I can let you go now." I slowly pulled off the chains trying not to hurt him.

"Just yank it off. It's better," he said.

"Oh alright." I pulled it off and cringed as he screamed.

"I just realized I haven't fed since your faerie godmother."

"Right. Um I guess Trublood won't help?"

"I just need to rest."

"No, you need to feed," I said.

"There isn't anyone."

"Well, there's me. "

"Really?" He asked.

"Really. You know my blood is different, like the faerie's. It's half that."

"Hold a piece of chain in your hand; sliver me if I hurt you."

"Ok. Come here," I said moving so it would be easier for him to get to my neck. He leaned towards me and I waited. Then he bit. I jumped a little but realized it wasn't that bad. I relaxed and waited until he was done. It wasn't an entirely unpleasant feeling. He pulled back and bit his own hand and held it out to me. "I'm not hurt," I said confused.

"We will be one." I took his hand and raised it to my mouth.

IPOV

I was sitting in the store with Antonia and Tara when a vampire came on the television. His name was Bill Compton and he was related to Rachel. I remembered her being so terrified and heartbroken when he disappeared and I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. Ileana! are not Rachel Compton you are Ileana Gavilán a powerful witch, not a human girl who is nothing more than a mere child compared to you.

Antonia turned off the TV and got up angrily she knocked over a table of candles and the scattered across the ground. "That's it? One single vampire!" She yelled. "400 years ago every vampire in the area would've been burned."

"Did you really kill every vampire in Logroño?" I asked.

"Of course I did!"

"Wait," Tara interrupted. "You made that vampire go out into the daylight?"

"Our circle did," Antonia said. "Killing them is the only way to protect ourselves."

"I was killed by vampires, and you almost were," I said to Tara. "You understand how little they think of life. We must restore the balance to this Earth!" I felt a pang inside of me. Almost like a physical pain and it was so terrible I collapsed to my knees.

"Ileana! Are you alright?" Antonia asked.

"Of course," I said standing up slowly. The feeling had passed and I was embarrassed to have let that silly human girl's feelings control me enough to physically effect me.

The phone rang and Tara grabbed it. "Moon Goddess Emporium. Uh huh...What do you want Bill?" Bill was on the phone? I wanted to answer it but I knew that would only lead to bad things. Why was I so easily influenced by Rachel emotions? I should be able to control her! Tara sat the phone down on the table and as I listened to the conversation as I walked away to pretend like I wasn't interested.

"Peace?" I heard my sister say. I scoffed even though I was once again having conflicting emotions. I busied myself with rearranging the candles Antonia had knocked to the floor.

"It is the only way to avoid so much useless death. For both our kinds," I heard Bill say.

"Where?" Antonia asked.