16: Before Things Get Better

RPOV

"That's Russell Edgington isn't it?" Alcide asked once we were safely back in his truck.

"You knew about that?" I asked surprised.

"I'm the one who poured the concrete."

"You knew Russell was alive and you didn't tell me?" I asked a little sharper than I had intended, I was still in shock.

"I didn't think he'd be getting out anytime soon, I figured it wouldn't be in your life time."

"Obviously you were wrong," I said.

"Obviously."

"We need to get Sookie and Lily, if Russell is out the three of us are in danger. Lily is probably safe enough with Bill and Eric but Sookie is all alone now."

"I'll protect you," he said giving my hand a squeeze.

LPOV

"Do you have clothes here?" Eric asked stopping his super cleaning for a second.

"Yeah I have an extra bag in my old room," I said.

"Go get it. Bill and I are on the top of the Authority's most wanted list, they won't hesitate to hurt you to get to us."I looked over at Bill who nodded.

"He's right, the Authority is ruthless. We'll find you somewhere safe to hide, we'll get Sookie and Rachel there as well," Bill said.

"No, if you two are in danger I'm staying with you. I can glamour vampires, I-"

"All the more reason for you to hide, if the Authority or any other vampires catch wind of that you'll be hunted down as well."

"Bill-" I started to protest.

"We do not have time to argue right now. Lily, get your things and meet us in the car," Eric said silencing me. I turned and jogged up the stairs to my room and grabbed my extra duffle from my closet, I stuffed some basic necessities like my toothbrush and deodorant from my bathroom in it as well. I turned to leave but stopped short when I heard a scream from down below. I poked my head around the door frame but didn't see anyone outside. I walked down the stairs my footsteps hardly making a sound, I'd learned every creaky board after months of trying to sneak out without Bill noticing, and towards the door but before I could get out someone had me around the waist and picked me up. I began kicking and screaming but it was no use.

"This is one of the fairies," The vampire holding me said to another vampire who was already in the car.

"Good, bring her along. Toss her in the back seat though, we wouldn't want those two draining her in the trunk," the other vampire, a British female, said from the passenger's seat. The man holding me quickly tied me in a thick rope and gagged me. The ropes were loose and it would have been easy for me to slip out but instead of running now I chose to wait until the perfect moment. I didn't resist too much getting in the car, if they saw that my fae strength was a match for their vamp strength they might want to check my ropes again, or bind me in chains.

OoOoO

We rode in silence for what felt like hours but couldn't have really been that long. I began to hear a voice in my head, it was persistent and deliberate and I realized it was coming through from the trunk.

"Lily? I..." It seemed almost like static was interrupting him, I never had much luck getting into vamps heads but I always got more than Sookie or my sister. "get out of the car. Kick the door...you, I know you...do it." Bill said. I didn't know why he was so intent on me getting out right then but I didn't have a choice but to listen to him. I kicked hard putting all my strength into knocking the door out. It went flying and I rolled out after it landing roughly onto hard pavement and sliding a few feet. I was glad for the hoodie I had tossed on before leaving my room because it absorbed most of the fall on my arms, though it rolled up around my abdomen and I could feel the sticky warmness of blood on my sides and lower back. I groaned in pain as I came to a stop. I looked towards the car which had gone quite a ways from where I was lying, but the car was no longer there. In its place was fire and burning pieces of metal and plastic. So that's why they needed me out of the car, suddenly the pavement burns didn't feel quite so bad.