2: Three Weeks Later

LPOV

Rachel and I were going on our third week of work at Merlotte's and I think we both had adjusted well to the town, giving the circumstances.

I was becoming friends with Tara Thornton and Sookie's brother, Jason. Who at the bar arguing about something right now. "Tara, aren't you supposed to be working?" I asked.

"Lily! Tell Jason that nine times out of ten he's wrong," Tara said.

"I am not!" Jason said annoyed.

"Really you two?" I looked at them and sat down the tray I had been carrying. "No, it's more like…seven times out of ten."

"Thank you for that vote of confidence, Lil," Jason said."

"Would the two of you please get back to work?" Sam came up behind us. "Jason, stop distracting my employees."

"Sorry, Sam."

I ran back out to give Maxine Fortenberry her refill on her iced tea.

"Sorry about the wait," I said sitting the glass down on the table and taking away her empty one. I looked up and saw my sister outside with her boyfriend, Eric. I put the tray on an empty table behind me and walked outside.

"Oh stop it," I heard Rachel say giggling.

"But it's true. You always look beautiful," Eric told her.

I had to admit, as much as I hated the idea of my sister dating a vamp, they looked so happy together.

"Rachel," I called getting her attention.

"What?" She wined.

"Out shift doesn't end for another ten minutes. Make him come inside and order a Tru Blood." I looked over at Eric who was looking at me like I was something to eat, which I guess I was. The spell of the perfect couple was broken. If he looked away for a second he went back to being Eric, but when they were with each other it was like no one else existed. It was sweet and terrifying at the same time.

"Fine, I'll come inside."

Of course by the time Rachel had dragged her feet up to the door the alarm on my cell went off telling me my shift was up. Seeing as Rachel had no tables right now she had nothing to tell Holly, her replacement.

"Oh, too bad. Well, see you in the morning sis." She and Eric walked back towards the parking lot and I rolled my eyes before going back inside.

That's when I got the call from Sookie.

"Sook, what's up?" I answered. I knew Bill was taking her out for some special evening. From what I gathered reading his mind, it was an accident I wasn't spying I promise, he was going to propose.

"It's Bill, he's missing."

"Missing? What do you mean?"

"I went to the restroom and when I came back to our table he was gone and the place was a wreak."

"Oh my god! What are you going to do?"

"I don't know! Are Rachel and Eric still there?" She asked. I looked outside but they were long gone.

"No. Um , I'll go home. Maybe he went back?"

"Maybe." She didn't seem at all convinced and I didn't blame her one bit.

"Meet me there."

"Alright see you in a few."

I hung up and jumped in my car. When I got home I opened the door Jess was standing in the entrance to the living room, looking pretty bad.