| twenty five ; the attack on the school

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty five; the attack on the school

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"adapt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"hm..." jin-woo stood before his bathroom mirror, eyeing his appearance. am i that handsome? i should be pretty average.

he looked at his appearance again, finding that his scars, spots and nicks were gone. he pretty much had a clear face, no blemishes whatsoever on his face.

"jin-ah," jin-woo called as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"hmm?" jin-ah hummed as she laid on the couch, busy with her phone.

"how do i look to you?" he asked.

"what about it?" she asked back.

"like how i look as a man."

"what?" jin-ah quickly looked at her brother, furrowing her eyebrows. "where did you get that unfounded confidence? you still look like a bum to me."

"yeah, thanks a lot for that objective answer," jin-woo said and clenched jin-ah's head, ruffling her hair. jin-ah retaliated and threw a kick to jin-woo but was hurt instead.

"hey, hey, you're gonna break your leg. did you forget that i have a body of an s-rank? do you even use your brain?"

"what?! i'm at the top of my class!" jin-ah exclaimed as she pouted at him.

"that was just a mock exam."

a sudden ring alerted the two siblings. jin-woo walked to the door, smiling when he saw who it was. he stepped aside, letting the guest enter the apartment.

jin-ah sat up, her eyes widening when she saw who it was. "isn't that hunter y/n?!"

y/n smiled and waved at jin-ah, "it's so nice to finally meet you. your brother wouldn't let me visit you ever since the jeju island raid."

"we were busy with gates, remember?" jin-woo flicked y/n's forehead and she punched him in the stomach.

"why didn't you tell me she was coming?! i would've worn something more appropriate!" jin-ah shouted.

"what? isn't whatever you're wearing appropriate?" jin-woo cluelessly asked.

jin-ah glared at her brother, feeling the urge to punch him but smiled when y/n looked at her. she moved over, letting y/n sit next to her.

"you're very pretty, jin-ah. you're much nicer than your brother here," y/n whispered with a giggle.

jin-ah grinned victoriously, sticking her tongue out at jin-woo who did the same to her.