| twenty six ; the cartenon temple

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty six; the cartenon temple

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"differences disappear when faced with death."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"jin-woo," y/n said after noticing him appearing behind her. "what're you doing here?"

"the cartenon temple will be revealed in a few minutes. it's calling us back y/n," jin-woo said and sat down next to her.

"already? time flies by quickly." y/n frowned and leaned back onto the couch. "what do you think will be revealed there?"

"the source of our powers probably," jin-woo suggested. "promise me you'll be careful."

"shouldn't i be saying that to you?" y/n asked, laughing at him.

jin-woo shook his head, suddenly remembering about the conversation he and hae-in had a few days ago. how he and y/n needed to be careful with their powers.

kyung-hye suddenly entered the living room, smiling at jin-woo and y/n. "what're you two doing out here alone?"

"just discussing plans about a new gate," y/n answered.

"will you be leaving soon for it?" kyung-hye asked.

jin-woo nodded his head, "we should be heading out about now but we'll be right back."

kyung-hye nodded her head, watching the two put on their shoes. she sighed, feeling a sense of dread at the gate they were going to.

"jin-woo, y/n," kyung-hye called.

both jin-woo and y/n turned around, "yeah?"

kyung-hye stared at them and smiled, "i don't have to worry about this right?"

jin-woo stopped before smiling at her, "yeah. y/n and i have a promise to keep. we'll be right back."

y/n waved to kyung-hye as they left the apartment. the two entered the elevator, waiting as the countdown to the key grew closer.

just as they left the building, the key to the cartenon temple appeared in jin-woo's hand. he looked down at it, realising that the location wasn't that far from home. in fact, he was familiar with it.

"it's the school again," jin-woo told y/n. "best we get there quick." he quickly pulled up his hoodie, doing the same to y/n as she checked the hunter's association website.

"a gate warning was issued not long ago at the school," y/n said as they began their walk to the location.

"i made a mistake," jin-woo scolded himself. "the location was revealed but it didn't say anything about the gate appearing at the time."

"a raid team must've been sent out to clear the gate. the rank of the gate is c-rank."

jin-woo nodded his head and held y/n's hand, using his stealth skill and quicksilver skill to reach the location in less than sixty seconds.

"what is inside the cartenon temple?" y/n asked. after all, it would be her first time to enter the double dungeon where jin-woo first got access to the system.