Chapter 14: Pr-Princess.. To... Much

~Tejus~

I was in the kitchen packing up as much stuff as I can, that I know she will eat so she can take it with her. Then I feel as her emotions hit me and they are all over the place I can't pin one down before another comes. So I walk to the office and peek in. I see she's sitting in Caleb's lap crying. I come into the conversation when she says my name and what I did shook her. Listening to the rest is heart-rending. I hate that I made her feel that way and I fucking knew she didn't want to go. And the fact she thinks she has to, to keep us safe is ridiculous. 

When she mentions Declan scaring her more than that sick fuck Alpha, It worries me. I've seen and felt everything, including all the shit involving Declan and I didn't think anyone could scare her as much as that Alpha did. She puts on a brave face but she was terrified of him. Yes she fought back and I'm proud of her. She put the fear to the side and fought them off as best she could but she was up against a lot of men at once, so it was futile. But she never gave in. And she's more worried about us getting hurt than her own safety.

She's also right about none of us listening if the roles were reversed, so I won't ask her to stay if she feels she needs to, no matter how much I want to keep her with me. So when she cries Into his neck I can't stand it any longer and I step out from behind the wall.

"Princess?" She starts crying more and I'm thinking I should stop listening to her unguarded thoughts. I don't like hearing how I make her worse. Caleb asks how long I've been standing there and I tell him, saying I thought she needed me. When I hear her thoughts of 'I do' I walk over and also hear that she still feels what she's supposed to, even if it is only a fraction of it, so maybe listening isn't all that bad. 

It means the spell hasn't completely worked and she still wants and needs me. I think she needs to get rid of the spell completely, if you ask me. I can feel in my soul that the spell shouldn't have happened and that it's for a very important reason. I just wish I knew what that reason was so I could make her lift the spell and stay.

I reach my arms out to her and she puts hers upto me like a child would to their mother, so I lift her out of Caleb's arms. I feel her start to calm down, as I hold her to me and Caleb tells her to stop thinking stupid thoughts. So he's listening in too. None of us really understand what's going on with her, but we know it's what she needs right now and that it's not her fault. I'm just lucky it's me she wants at the moment. 

When he offers to lay down with her,  she wants to say yes. But she doesn't want to feel like she's stopping him from doing what he wants to do, which is drawing the woman from his premonition. He also beats me by putting a top on her when she starts feeling awkward about being naked. Then he tells her that's not more important and he's happy to do it. So when she drops her legs down I know I have to let her go. But I do it reluctantly. As soon as he had her he teleports them upstairs. 

I head back out and finish packing everything up and put it with all their other stuff that's to go with them. Once that's done I make sure I have a bag of stuff. I wasn't joking when I said I'd be going and living in the forest to keep an eye on her. When I get back to the living room everyone is there but Kylie and Caleb. So I sit down and wait with them.

"I noticed the food next to our stuff. Is that for Kylie?" Blake asks

"Yeah. Wanna make sure she's eating enough while you're there. That's stuff I know she will eat so you don't have to worry about that. When's Logan and Jake getting here?" I turn and ask Zander.

"They're on their way now. When are you going?" Dravon asks

"What do you mean when am I going?!" Where and why am I going anywhere?