Chapter 36: Promise Me

~Kylie~

"Please, baby. I don't want to lose either of you" Tejus? Who's he losing? What is going on? I know I'm in Tejus's arms, because I feel like I'm home and I know that's also the baby's doing. We're right where they want us to be. And this is weird, because I can hear them, but I can't open my eyes or move. My body hurts and my breathing is difficult. The more they speak the more I remember what happened and why I'm in this state. I try to force my eyes open, but it doesn't work. Then I hear Decan. The fact he doesn't know Tejus is my mate and still thinks it's bullshit, means he doesn't know the others have way more firepower than he realises. 

And I hate that he's taunting them. I seriously don't blame them for what happened. She was in my body for fuck sake. If it was just a glamour, then maybe they would have seen it straight away. But I've had so many spells put on me, how did they know it wasn't just that. Plus as I've come to understand from Caleb, swapping souls shouldn't be possible and I'm glad I've destroyed that spell so it can never happen again. Along with the one that made me do what he commanded. I hope it broke it on everyone he's ever put it on and they band together to help take him down.

Then he makes them see all he put me through and the pain of the betrayal. I didn't realise he was watching. He really is fucking unstable and the idiot thinks Amy was pregnant with one of them. More fool him. They all know Tejus is the daddy. Huh. Maybe that's what he meant by losing either of us. Well, I'm not going anywhere. I hope so anyway. I hear Sebastian say they're not scared of Decan and he replies with 'what are you waiting for?' And that's when they snap. I hear the snarls and blasts of magic. I also feel when one of them is struck. 

"Fuck, Princess. I don't want to let you go… But they need me. I'll do my best to keep them alive. So you need to start breathing and-" Tejus says. I can hear the sadness in his voice and want to comfort him, but I can't move a fucking muscle. 

"TEJUS!" Keelan shouts. My body jostled as if he just knocked something away from us and then I felt him press his warm soft lips to mine. He pulls back and says.

"I fucking love you both, so much. Please be ok" I'm laid down gently and then he's gone. 

"Kylie?"

"OMG. Aurora. Are you OK? It's so good to hear your voice. Where's Kaida?"
"I am here. I was starting to get worried. I thought I was going crazy. Being in a pitch black room is no fun. I can tell you. No one to speak to-" Kaida starts. When I interrupt and say,

"Chat later! We have pressing matters to attend to. Can you guys help somehow? We need to expel all the shit, I took out of the guys. I think it's killing us. And then we have a power hungry arsehole to kill and a slutty bitch to make suffer before she dies"

"Sorry. And we can try. Will a spell not work?" Kaida asks.

"Let me try, hang on" I tried using that gift but it's not working right now.

"Damn it! Nope, it didn't work. Let's just push, combine our healing and see if that works" I tell them.

"Ok. Let's do it" Aurora says. We all focus on the healing and try to push the substance out of us.

"It's working… Keep… Pushing!" I tell them.

"Tired" Aurora says.

"We need… help… I don't think k..  we can do it… there's too much.. and we're still… weak" Kaida pants out. For fuck sake! We need a boost from somewhere or some- Ho-Ly Shit! My eyes pop open as a huge energy boost gives us the push we needed to do this. It helps finish pushing the shit from my body. Then I feel a small flutter in my stomach and look down to see my tummy is aglow. No. I'm not far enough along to feel them move yet am I? But they certainly helped mummy push this shit out.