Chapter 21: The melancholy of Owen Dodger

After being saved from the darkness thanks to the SMG4 Gang, Owen instantly fell into despair after all the carnage he did as Dark Owen. He couldn't believe he put others' lives at risk, and because of that, he thought that people wouldn't look up to him anymore. Noel and the SMG4 Gang noticed this and wanted to cheer the redhead up, but they knew it would be difficult due to him wanting to be left alone for a while. But they wouldn't stop until the redhead they knew returned to his usual happy state while they were on the ship ride towards the string of islands so they could battle Shadow Meggy and Crazy Koopa on their way to Adam Baker's castle. So they took turns trying to cheer him, starting with his younger brother, Noel, who had known him the most due to them being brothers.

Noel

While Owen watched the news of him destroying the docks as Dark Owen, he sighed knowing that people probably hated him due to his actions. "I can't believe the darkness took full control of me yesterday, and because of that, I'm going to lose all of my popularity," said the Canadian native as he looked at his scarred right eye through his hand-held mirror. The bandages were removed and it was slowly healing thanks to some stitches that were placed in his scar, leaving behind a vertical pink line that went across his right eye. "Don't worry, big bro, you'll still be popular, even if you did almost destroy the whole dock area," said Noel as he walked into Owen's room.

"Noel, while I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, just looking at all the carnage I caused as Dark Owen put me into a deep despair state, and I'm worried about suffering from Depression again," said Owen as he didn't even look at his brother. "Listen, Owen, where's the happy redhead brother I always knew? Right now, you're not being him," said Noel as he sat down next to his older brother. Sighing in defeat, Owen looked at his brother and tried his best to put on a smile, but his despair was just too great.

"Come on, Owen, you know how to put on a smile," said Noel as he watched the redhead failing to put on a smile. "I know, little bro, but I think my despair is just too great," said Owen as he stood up and walked out of his room, leaving his younger brother behind. Knowing that it would take more to get Owen happy again, Noel texted the four Super Meme Guardians to let them it was their turn next.

Super Meme Guardians

While Owen was waiting for his breakfast to arrive at the restaurant part of the ship, everyone was giving him the icy cold stare due to his actions yesterday as Dark Owen. 'I knew this would happen, people don't like me anymore,' thought the redhead as the SMGs watched not too far away. "Wow, Owen must be in so much despair right now," said SMG4 as he noticed that people were starting to ignore him. "Yeah, he caused so much carnage yesterday while he was Dark Owen, so I could only imagine what he's going through right now," said SMG2 as he watched the redhead hang his head in shame.

As Owen's bacon and eggs meal finally arrived, he began eating it very slowly. "Come on, Dodger, you usually eat faster than that," said SMG3 as the Super Meme Guardians approached their friend. "Oh, hey there SMGs," said Owen as he looked to his right. "Look, Owen, I know you are upset about what you did yesterday as Dark Owen, but you can't be like this forever," said SMG1 as they sat down at Owen's table. "I know, Noel tried to cheer me up earlier, but my despair state is just too great," said the Canadian native as people started to look at him again in surprise. They didn't expect that their hero had such a dark power inside of him that made him go out of control.

"Listen, Owen, we got rid of the darkness within you, so you should be happy right now," said SMG4 as his friend began eating slightly faster than he did before. "You're right, but with all the carnage I did yesterday, it's just so hard to forget about it," said Owen. "Look, Arnason, I know what it's like to do something evil, so you're not the only one who has done something illegal," said SMG3 as he confronted the redhead.