Chapter 24: Tropical Showdown (Part 3)

After defeating Crazy Koopa and getting new powers in the form of the inhibitor rings, Owen, Noel, Katty, and the SMG4 Gang headed to a nearby hotel so they catch some sleep before they look for Shadow Meggy tomorrow. "Holy moly, what a long day," said Owen as the group of unlikely heroes entered the hotel. "Yeah, first you had to survive a surprise ambush by Adam Baker, then we had to stop Crazy Koopa from escaping with a bunch of stolen Koopa shells, and now we have these rings that help increase our special powers," said Katty as she looked at her flame-coloured rings.

"Hey, you're Owen Dodger, aren't you?" said the clerk as she noticed the redhead. "Yep, that's me," said Owen as he and the Gang went to the desk. "Wow, I can't believe that I'm talking to you!" said the clerk. "I know, but we please can some rooms here?" asked the redhead. "Oh, of course, here you go," said the clerk as she gave everyone their own room keys. "Thank you so much," said Noel as they headed towards the elevator. "Wow, Owen, you're more popular than I thought you were," said Meggy as they entered the elevator. "As I said before, it's all thanks to my heroic deeds," said Owen.

"Yeah, but after your first battle with Adam Baker, you took a long hiatus from doing them thanks to your Depression," said Katty as she reminded her boyfriend what happened after he fought his arch-nemesis for the first time. "I know, but even after 5 years, I am ready for the final battle with him," said Owen as he pushed the button to the 9th floor. "I hope you are, Owen because from what I heard, Adam has gone all out to stop you," said Noel. "I know that, Noel. After I went to Peach's Castle for the first time, Adam showed up unexpectedly when I stood up to the annoying princess herself and we continued where we left off," said the redhead as they reached the 9th floor. "Wow, and did you come out as the winner?" asked Katty.

"I did, sort of. After I did the most powerful attack of the Flame Hand ability, they escaped from the castle," said Owen as they walked towards their rooms. "Hmmm, he has gotten tougher than I thought," said Noel as he took note of Owen and Adam's battle at Peach's castle. "I know, it's very clear that both me and Adam are very evenly matched in almost every way possible," said Owen as he described how Adam Baker is his greatest enemy to date. "Damn, that's hard to believe," said Bob. "No kidding, Bob, however, I will find his weakness," said Owen as he revealed he had been looking for Adam's greatest weakness for quite a while.

"Don't worry, Owen. You will find his weakness just in time for the final battle," said Belle as she encouraged Owen to reach his true power. "Yeah, it's just because we are so evenly matched, it is hard to find our weaknesses," said the redhead. "Yeah, true," said Katty as they reached their respective rooms. "Well, good night everyone," said SMG4 as they unlocked their doors. Once Owen entered his room, he began thinking about what caused Adam Baker to become evil. "Hmmm, figuring out what caused Adam Baker to turn evil is very tough," said the redhead as he looked through his laptop to figure out the answer. As he searched for answers, he was unaware that a shadowy figure representing Meggy was watching him.

"Hehehe, trying to figure out an answer to how Adam Baker turned evil, are you?" said Shadow Meggy, bringing Owen out of his train of thought. "Shadow Meggy? How did you get in my room?" said Owen as he turned around to face Meggy's shadow counterpart, standing on his balcony. "I can show up whenever I like to," said Shadow Meggy. "Grrr, well I don't give a f*ck about you, so why don't you just surrender right here, right now?" said Owen as he got into his fighting stance. "Hahaha, no matter how many times you threaten me, I won't go away," said Shadow Meggy as she jumped off his balcony to a nearby building. "Oh come on. Fine, I'll let you go this time, but when we fight, you won't be so lucky," said Owen as he watched Shadow Meggy jump from building to building.

The following morning, everyone was up, except for one certain redhead. "Hmmm, have you seen Owen anywhere, Noel?" asked Tari as she looked around for her boyfriend. "Now that you think of it, I didn't see him exit his room," said Noel as he noticed his older brother wasn't with the gang. "Here I am," said the redhead as he caught up with his friends. "Whoa, what happened with you, Owen?" asked Meggy as she noticed her boyfriend's eyes looked a little tired. "I came across Shadow Meggy last night," said Owen as he tried his best to stay awake. "Are you serious?" said Saiko as she and the others couldn't believe what Owen said.