3 | You must remember this

BY:

The blurb was very promising although it did take a second to understand, it was really good.

First Impressions
First of all, this book is wonderfully written and based if the reads, It's getting the attention it deserves.

You're an amazing writer with a skill to give good use to words for descriptions.

But I will be honest I struggled reading this book, which is why it took so long, and at this point I stopped at 3 chapters as I've promised in my review book and so yeah.

I'm not sure if my review will do anything but here I go.

Pacing
I'm gonna go with 50/50.

Each paragraph was very wordy. Is this a bad thing? No I don't think so.

But I can see that this book was written in a more physical book template than it is a soft copy.

It could just be my small phone but when I tried reading the long paragraphs, I always get lost.

So my suggestion, you can keep a copy of this version (like copy paste) and then in the published one, divide paragraphs into smaller ones.

just to accommodate to the wattpad template.

but these are just suggestions.

I'll go ahead and discuss more in descriptions.

plot:

Although I don't have a clear understanding about what the plot is. I think it is an interesting one but because of my lack of reading I won't discuss it. 

characters:

I think you've got this part down and I think the characters are very interesting. 

My only nit pick would possibly be the countless pov changes in one chapter. I suppose it would work if in each chapter there was a different pov or you use a divider to indicate the pov has changed, like:

____ or ~~~~

or more decorative ones 

Dialogue:

I can say the dialogue could use some work. The dialogue on some parts felt too formal and scripted. My tip would be to voice out the lines yourself and think if it would be fitting depending on the time/era this story is set in. 

Descriptions:

One word. Beautiful.

I think you have a good way of describing places and the actions of the characters but there is something with the flow of this book.

So I grabbed a book on my shelf that I think is similar to your writing style.

The girl who drank the moon.

This bool has a very magical type of writing. (As I've mentioned I didn't grasp the plot and understand it so I didn't critique it.)

And decided to study what made the book such an easy read that made me flip the page faster than I could finish a webtoon.

Because of the flow of it.

And yea this book has the limited omni pov thing where it only describes the thoughts of one character and it also switches povs each chapter.

So what can be 'improved' with the flow.

I think often times the phrases are like staccato beats. The idea is there, the melody is there but it's quickly cut off before going to the other.

I guess my best description of how flow should work is like legato notes. The idea branches off to another idea.

"Gherland had no idea of this event. In fact he wasn't even aware it was Wednesday. The social event of the century and the great vizier forgot to wake up early for it.

No on could really blame him even if they tried.

The rituals done yesterday were far too exhausting for an old man in his withering 90s."

I tried to write down the flow I was trying to say but idk if it worked.

Anyway, I think the point has been said so let's move on.

was it compelling:

Yes, I think this book is good. I may not be able to give a proper review of my personal opinions but honestly I can see this book on a the shelves of a book store. 

overall:

I think this book is a good one and as I've mentioned this review was very rushed because I really have nothing to say in the review. I sincerely apologize. 

So yeah, I don't think this review was helpful but I hope I didn't come off as rude. Have good day/night, Keep on writing, and farewell!