33| Throne of dragonix

By:

Oh look I've returned,, my other book is on hiatus due to technical stuff so i decided i'd get back to this even though I've considered it a dead book.

Anyway, i am not sure if u still want this review but oh well...

First impression:
Because it's about dragons, I immediately thought How to train your dragon but thats just random info.

My first impression I'd say, It felt like i was reading a sequel. The characters talk in a way that just felt like they had already been introduced to the readers?

I don't know how to explain but I'll try in it's designated category.

pacing
Good actually, I can see the amount of effort put into this book and the pacing is one of its strong suits.

There were a few things that I found iffy in the first chapter (feeling like a sequel as mentioned) but other than that, you take the time to dive into every character and introduce them more.

plot

Interesting and lowkey feels like arcane (the show) with the hints of sci-fi elements. I will be mentioning how it did feel like it was lacking on explaining on certain locations and world building aspects but it never ruined the reading experience.

I haven't read that much fantasy, much more similar to this book with the adventures and the sorta steam punk fantasy vibes so I can't say whether it's unique or not but it surely intrigued me.

characters
I personally think when it comes to introduction of characters the first one is always either the protagonist or the antagonist.

I think Ignia was the first one introduced? (excluding prologue) and the further i read the less he was mentioned or he had scenes.

Of course, I only read 5 but I got the feeling Iian being the main character instead and pov hopping usually works after the book is 10 chapters in or so (in wattpad format)

In other words, personally I thought Ignia was the main character but then the further i went I just felt or was convinced Iian was the perfect protagonist with the way she was written.

I guess Ignia is the antagonist in this case which would make sense why he would be introduced first but his 'screentime' was just too short to feel like he was one of main characters.

Especially during the first interaction between him and Iian. I'd say, considering the news Iian learned about, it would be dramatic as this would show how Ignia really has changed?

Again, these are just suggestions and personal thoughts of your book, take it however you wish.

dialogue
Aside from pacing, I'd say this is another strong suit of the book. The way they spoke was a subtle way to build the world they were in and I just loved reading their lines.

It felt like they were actual people conversing and I applaud you for this.

descriptions
To not be confused with my world building nitpick, the descriptions for actions, locations and (maybe) people were good and there wasn't a time where it sort of broke the flow.

There were a few lines where certain words felt unnecessary like the issues in (fiery anger issues)

I just personally think simply saying fiery anger would say enough.

Other than that I think the descriptions served it's purpose

World building

From the first chapter, I can see you were trying to not info dump (i think that's what you were trying to do) and I applaud you for that.