11 | Youth justice centre

By:

first impression
Okay I was very confused at first cuz there was only one chapter so I can't say much in terms of description, pacing, and dialogue.

But on other categories I'll try my best to go in depth.

pacing

characters
You've mentioned in your form for me to review your characters. Which I will base on what was written on the blurb.

The main character has a good 'blue print' by that I mean I can see her as a good character. Or something that, lol I was trying to sound professional and it backfired.

Olivia gives me this vibe where she has no problems about where she wants to go with her life, likes helping people and their problems, and has genuine good heart.

Her flaws could be she can be too nice where she can't say no and sometimes she doesn't realize she's being harsh on her self.

To add more depth, maybe you can give her a characteristic that can make her stand out. Like she can be sassy with a smile or quick and witty.

Or maybe she likes to joke around to cheer the people around her.

Just characteristics that can make people instantly like her, which can help in the plot as one of the juvinile boys end up liking her.

plot

One thing that bothered me is the possible age gap between two charaters if ever this story goes for a romance route.

Considerng it's a juvinile center,it would mean the boys there are minors.

And to be therapist means Olivia has graduate college.

So yeah I'm not sure if you were going on that route, I just wanted to state that it weirded me out thinking about but if you weren't that's cool.

I think the plot was going for a more self-discovery, coming of age type of book which is pretty cool.

Assuming from the mentions that the book will tackle mental health.

I'm not sure if you have a detailed plan already out but I'll write down suggestions anyway. You can use it as inspiration if you like, take the suggestions however you desire.

Maybe Olivia meets a certain boy in the centre with an interesting story to tell.

Olivia can be used as the gateway for the stories of the teens in the centre. You could make the book be similar to the midnight library or a house full of mirrors where there are multiple characters with their own stories (Ps I havent read either books but i think those were the plots.)

Like each teen has a different story and Olivia helps them get better and we see wholesome interactions with them.

Another suggestion is a more magical route. Similar to midnight library.

Like Youth Justice centre was a place for the youths to have a voice and tell the reason of their struggles and Olivia was the owner of the center.

Okay enough of those out of the blue plots, let's focus on the actual plot.

I think it would be cool to see the boy interact with Olivia (and I have this idea where the boy had a sister and sees that in Olivia and mistakes it for romantic love)

The interactions of the two will definitely be interesting and entertaining with the boy possibly changing and putting effort to impress her and Olivia finding it adorable.

descriptions

dialogue

Is it compelling?

I think this book would be a good read once finished, well depends on what plot you're going for since there are so many possibilities.

but whatever plot you go for, I think it has so much potential and oppurtunity and I can see this book being a good one. Maybe even great.

overall

I'm not sure if I covered everything so if I missed something you can tell me. Anyway I hope this review was helpful in some way. Have a good day/night, Farewell!