39 | When worlds cross

By:

First Impression:

Lowkey surprised it was first set in the philippines but that's basically it for first impressions.

Pacing

As mentioned, I only read two chapters due to time but I still think this story is sort of well paced.

The first chapter of course did good, it introduced the characters well and established who they are and what they like and etc.

Consider this a nitpick but I sort of think a more dive into the life of Adi in her school life.

Any rivalries to remember or maybe simply her status in school.

It could be the more tropey ones with the queen bee stuff or maybe more subtle with just, the smart ones are popular and the ones who just get by or fail to pass are usually the class clowns.

Or something like that.

Plot

It's about a character getting stuck in another world and the two main leads will be forced to stay together in order to survive.

It's a trope I've usually more in the fanfic genre so I think its cool that its a plot and has its own story but it does have a sense of predictability.

I mean like people could possibly be able to guess what comes next but perhaps this book has other surprises.

Characters

I personally don't like characters like Adi. The too cool for anyone else or I can't be bothered type usually is portrayed in a way I just don't like.

Characters like that can go to one way or another with maybe the character becomes too cold and unlikable that the reader can't root for them anymore...

which, let's be real, is not really a good thing even if it is the villain.

Readers Rooting or at least feeling sorry for the villain I'd say can even be called as good writing.

But if the main character is irritable (different from flawed) then that's a problem.

That was just a small rant but anyway, Adi as a character I couldn't see anyway to root for her or think I can give her a chance.

Her constant complaining just put me off I guess. Of course in the first chapter she was in a bad mood but I guess it could have been portrayed as to explain more on why.

Like maybe when David was pestering her the internal narration or just description could've dived deeper on her issues.

Like her being upset with her grade,
perhaps not only was she second but she was not even the a point from a hundred but two. or three.

She then begins rethinking on what question she got wrong, vowing to look at her notes again when she reaches home to review and analyse the test from what she could remember.

and I'd say this would feel very exaggerated but for the way she reacted and acted after hearing the news of her grade I'd say it would fit with her characteristics.

Although keep in mind these are simply suggestions.

I could go on with how she'd act, I sorta got tired with they arw studious but we never see them worry what they got wrong or study at all.

Yes, of course, its the first chapter. But I suppose what i desired to see was instead of saying

all that tutoring and studying for nothing.