4 | Eternal Souls

By:

First Impression:

it was stated in the blurb how there were possible grammar mistakes so I didn't really pay much into the grammar since I'm also not great at it.

but I would like to tell to capitalized the words properly. Like the first word of paragraphs and names.

Another thing confused me was the title, although it is not part of the criteria I have in this review book, I was wondering why it was title eternal souls. Which made me assume at first that this was a fantasy novel. 

I feel like that first scene with the couple was suppose a misdirect, that the readers would assume the couple was the main characters. Which I did like only the dialogue was too forced and honestly felt very fake and my suggestion would be to mellow down the guys lines cuz he came off as creepy to me with the oddly specific lines about lives and all that. 

Pacing:

The pacing was actually well done, nothing was rushed and you took your time establishing the characters and their pasts with each other which made their meeting more impactful. It also wasn't too lengthy that I was getting tired of the build up too. 

Characters:

I like how the two are successful but remain like themselves still, also the well-paced thought process of [male character] as he evaluates his love life and his plans to confess. I do have a few things to say on his though process but I'll tackle that in descriptions. 

Dr. Tanu could use some more work as a character maybe establish her work life more and if she gets stressed or she genuinely enjoys her job. Is she a genius or prodigy combined who work hard? It's just a few questions I have, I won't go further since I only read 5 chapters of the story. 

Plot:

I like how clear the plot was. Two people who knew each other back in school and had lingering feelings towards each other, meet once more. It also leaves questions to the readers on how the two will end up together. 

Why did I say how? Well reading the blurb it gave me the idea that they'll end up together in the end but I might be wrong.

The plot did give me the vibe of a cliché but it's the type of story I like reading personally. A light-hearted healthy love story but reminder it's a personal preference. 

So overall, your characters are actually great. They only need more chemistry and more personality that defines them. I understand it's pretty hard to do that, I myself struggle with it as well, so it's simply suggestions. 

Descriptions:

So in the first part we get a paragraph of [male character] thinking whether he should confess and how he should. I suggest to have the thought process flow more with the next thought connecting from the other. I think it would make the thought process feel more real. 

Another suggestion I would say is to add more descriptions on locations and also the appearances of the characters. Since it's written in first POV (I think) it would also add personality to the person narrating in that scene. 

Dialogue:

The dialogue was actually pretty decent, aside from grammatical errors, it showed promise and also did give the characters personality and also helped introduce them to the readers. Which is one of the things that dialogue is used for. 

Is it compelling or interesting:

Personally, I would say yes as I was reading it easily. Plot wise, I suppose I can say it's interesting, there a few things I wished would make me question about more and maybe add a bit of foreshadowing so it keeps readers on their toes. 

Overall impression as a reader: 

It was an easy read and the plot seems interesting. I suggest working on grammar and spelling. Perhaps work on certain dialogue as well but all in all it is a good book.

This review is shorter than most since I don't have much to say about the book. If I made any mistakes writing this review I apologize.

Hopefully it was helpful in some way, that is all. Bye!