35 | Agent X

By:

First impression:

Keep in mind I only read two chapters, the explanation is in the here's how it'll go chapter but to summarize:

School has begun for me and I still want to put out reviews and my review style is usually just about the first chapters as these for me are important to hook a reader so yeah.

My first impression was that this book was definitely well written but also not a type of book I would read. Anyway, I reviewed your book as positive as possible... if that makes sense.

pacing

I have a few notes, by few I mean like maybe two, about the pacing, one is mentioned in the characters category.

the entire part of Agent X meeting Hacker and them working together.

This was in the second chapter and of course I wasn't expecting a full blown dynamic between the two but there was something about that scene that I struggled to read on.

I think it was writing of lines, somehow I struggled to know who was taking and what they meant.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter and granted every author has a different writing style and every reader has a writing style preference.

So take it as you wish.

plot

I haven't read any other book similar to this and for this to be my introduction to the Espionage genre it was a good first impression.

the plot is feels very sci fi but some how heavy on the futuristic aesthetic. There was a The Martian vibe to it surprisingly. Idk how I got that feel.

characters

There was a scene where sheaf explains why he named agent x the name he has.

I just thought it would've been a great moment for him to have a question why he was given that name first and chapters later sheaf explains in a important moment.

Cliche as it is, it just hits the feels everytime. For me anyway.

Hacker is interesting, not completely shocked by the fact she is a girl but I suppose their could've been a build up for this plot twist.

Perhaps Agent X assumes she was a guy instead of saying after the reveal that most hackers were guys.

Sort of makes a flow with the former in my opinion.

Here lines are okay, she seems to be the I have secrets type and it is interesting to see how her dynamic with Agent X will work.

dialogue

It does it's job, not too grand or fitting for the story but either they don't speak weirdly and sometimes their lines reflect their character.

descriptions

The descriptions are alright. There were moments where I had take a second to read a paragraph again but other than that the descriptions aren't lacking and not too much.

blurb

There are times when the blurb doesn't feel like it's telling the beginning or what the story is about.

I suppose the blurb could be similar to

Agent X was a skilled (something) and he had breakthrough.

Explain his mission.

Then, but just because the mission is over doesn't mean ride is over.

Danger is brewing and Agent X is standing in the middle of the fog. (I like this line you wrote here btw)

title
Definitely intriguing

overall
This book is promising, sadly not the type of book I'd read or feel engulfed in but definitely a great book.

I do hope this review didn't come off as mean or rude or rushed.

I certainly hurried a bit to finish reading and begin the review and as per usual each review takes an hour.

So please understand that I had to read only two this time instead of five.

Anyway, that's it for this review, I hope it heled in some way. Farewell!