Chapter 21

Mei POV

She left. Just like that. I made her leave me again. I even didn't let her explain. Why was she talking to my father? How does she have a gun with her? And It's in school. Didn't the guards check her? Now that I think about it, I almost know nothing about Yuzu but she knows everything about me, so who am I to judge her without knowing the truth. Why?! This anger!! That man who left me alone in the dark, was in contact with Yuzu!! She betrayed me but why do I feel so guilty?!!!
My thoughts were interrupted by Taniguchi.
"I tried to call her but her phone can't be reached but she is with Matsuri."-Taniguchi said with a relived expression. We were at my apartment. I told her to leave but she is stubborn. She is Yuzu's best friend, she probably knows her better than me. Haha.
"Taniguchi."
"Hmm prez?"
"Tell me everything about Yuzu that you know."-I said with an emotionless face. She looked hesitant for a minute but than sighed.
"She is the next head of a secret organisation of some kind of police force."-Taniguchi sighed. My eyes widen.
What! How?! She is a police officer? In this age? I couldn't say anything. I'm speechless. I looked at her in the eyes giving the permission to continue.
"I don't know everything but she is on undercover for her recent mission and somehow it includes you and-"
"And?"- I said as I eyed her.
"By any chance does your family has any enemies?"-Taniguchi said in confusion. Enemies huh.
"We do have rival families but enemies, I certainly don't know about any till now."

Enemies. Now if I think about it, I know nothing about my family nor the people I love. I was so caught up in something that my father left incomplete that I ignored everything around me. I sat there speechless after figuring myself.
"How can I reach Yuzu?"
Taniguchi looked at me for some seconds and finally sighed.
"I can't tell you. That is something you have to figure out with your will power."
Why won't she just tell me? I had a blank expression plasterd on my face. Why am I like this? I hate myself. I lost everything. The person I love is now gone and won't show up ever again.
I'm so confused. I need answers but got into a dead end. Is this the end? As tears were forming in my eyes, we heard a calling bell.
"Yuzu."-I mumbled as I rushed to open the door. I want to see her. The love of my life. You protected me so many times but I always pushed you away. I rushly opened the door as my eyes widen.
"Mei" A voice that I haven't heard in years. Blood rushed through my veins. I shut the door at their face but a hand held the door.
"Please lets talk Mei!"
"Our talking was done years ago! Get out!"-I said and pushed the door more but a hand caught me from behind.
"Aihara-san! Please let him talk first!" Taniguchi stopped me from shutting the door completely.
Why is everyone on his side!
"Fine."- I literally wanted to yell. This day can't get any worse.
We three sat down on my couch. He stayed silent. I don't have time for this silent shit!

"T-the..reason why I left the family is....to protect you."
"What!" To protect me? He proceeded to tell me the entire story and I wasn't ready enough to take everything in at once. I bursted into tears. My father was wronged by me all along.

Yuzu POV

"AAAAAAAAA!!!"-I shouted as I punched the puching bag hard. I LOST MEI ONCE AGAIN, NOT TO TELL I HURT HER!! I SHOULD'VE TOLD HER FROM THE BEGINING! I puched the bag more hard and threw more kicks until I reach my limit. IT'S OBVIOUS THAT SHE'LL BE MAD ONCE SHE KNEW I WAS WORKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HURT HER BADLY! I panted heavily from the all punching and kicking. I didn't even got the chance to explain everything to Mei. If only I had been more brave to tell her. I'm such a coward! I hate myself. Why am I like this?!
"I HATE MYSELF!!!!" I kicked and Kicked. I was so mad at myself! Soon my feet started to get numb like my heart. I fell on my knees.
"Whaaaaa."-I started sobbing until it reached the crying stage. I got up again trying to kick the shit out of the punching bag and I did. The sweat mixed with my tears dripped from my body like water fall.
"THIS FREAKING BAG!!"-I yelled as the bag busted into sand. This bag also hates me.
"Ayo chill Yuzu-Chan."-Matsuri said walking into the training room chewing bubble gum. I gave a sharp glare.