1...Once in a Wolf Moon

It was January and in a week's time Yelena Stilinski was going back to college after her Christmas break, she was currently in her second year, where she studied journalism. It had been a typical evening until her brother Stiles barged into her room, unannounced.

"Len!" Stiles screeched as he came running in.

Yelena sighed tiredly and looked up from her book to see her brother

"Yes brother dearest"

"You have to listen to this!" he exclaimed as he sat next to her on her bed holding a radio

"Have you been listening to the police scanner again?"

"So what? You used to do the same before you became a boring college girl" he muttered as he played with the scanner. Yelena raised her eyebrows at him and attempted to grab the radio out of his hands, but he just swatted her away.

"Get off! Listen-two joggers found a dead body-"

"And?" Yelena gasped dramatically

"-they only found half of the body." He told her. Yelena's eyes widened as her brother nodded, excited at the prospect of a mystery, "they're going to find the other half now, so I'm thinking we go and get Scott and join them, and-"

"No, no way!" She snorted in disbelief

"You're the one that left to go to college in San Francisco since nothing ever happens here!"

"Yeah, well forgive me, if I don't want the first big thing in this town to be my death."

Stiles huffed and jumped up off her bed

"Fine, well don't come complaining that nothing ever interesting happens in your boring, adult, college life."

Yelena raised her eyebrows at him and fought off an amused smile, "How much Adderall have you taken today?"

"It was-only like-ok fine quite a bit." He scoffed making his sister laugh.

"Well, have fun, and tell my other brother that I said hi." She said as Stiles rushed from her room. Yelena counted in her head and got down to one and a half before Stiles ran back into the room

"Will you cover for me-"

"Yes." She laughed as he gave her a thumbs-up and rushed back out. The truth was, nothing ever happens in this town but searching for a body is not what she planned as fun.

After Stiles was caught in the forest by their dad he'd filled Yelena in on everything that happened, so when he finished school the next day and begged her to come back to the forest with him and Scott to find Scott's inhaler, she didn't have it in her to say no. Which is how she found herself roaming through the forest with two sixteen-year-olds.

"See now that is the reason you don't go playing in the woods to find a dead body." She reprimanded them as Scott showed her the bite.

He shook his head and carried on talking about what had happened at school.

"I don't, I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I - I can - hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." Scott told them.

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked in amusement.

"Like the mint-mojito gum in your pocket," Scott said

Stiles frowned as he began searching his pockets, "I don't even have any mint - mojito -" he stopped mid-sentence when he found the piece of gum. "So all this started with a bite." Stiles clarified.