15...Breaking the Code

The three of them headed out of the tunnel and up to the ground where Derek pulled Yelena back and nodded at Scott to carry on, however Yelena knew Scott well enough to know he'd be listening in.

"Things are about to happen, you should go." He told her quietly.

Yelena searched his eyes for a trace of anything other than contempt, anything that said that she wasn't imagining the things that were going on between the two of them.

"Things have already happened, Derek."She whispered back, as he sighed regretfully.

Yelena knew he didn't regret anything that happened between them, she couldn't explain how she knew but she just did. He just regretted the situation they found themselves in. They both knew that at some point Yelena would have to stand by either Scott or Derek and it wouldn't end well for anyone, least of all her.

"Guys..." Scott called out.

"We're coming," Yelena replied as they followed him out.

Scott sent Yelena a silent look to ask if she was ok which she replied with a short nod. He wasn't stupid, even if he hadn't heard their conversation he could tell something was going on between the two of them

"Hey. Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right."

Scott frowned, "What do you mean?"

Derek looked around nervously, "I don't know. It's - it's kind of like it's -"

Scott shook his head "No, don't say "too easy." People say "too easy" and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy."

"Fine. You're right."

"Thank you." Scott sighed

Yelena kept looking around nervously before taking a deep breath, "Let's just get the hell out of here before-"
Yelena let out a scream as Derek pushed her to the ground and took an arrow in the chest
"Derek!"

Yelena and Scott looked around wide-eyed for the culprit when their eyes landed on kate who was whispering things to an armed Allison, who already had her next arrow ready, which went straight into Derek's leg.

"You know what Scott! So far I'm not loving your new girlfriend!" Yelena shouted.

Scott gave her a look that said 'now is not the time' as Derek shouted out to him.

"Scott, your eyes!"

Scott tries to avoid the flash but ended falling to the ground in the process.

Derek groaned as he pulled the arrow out of his chest as Yelena pulled out the one in his leg, she helped him up as they both ran over to Scott and pulled him up from the ground

"Get up! Let's go!"

A limping Derek helped Yelena drag Scott up to the Hale house before collapsing onto the ground.

"Both of you, go!

Yelena watched as Allison approached Scott, using this time to check over Derek's wounds and giving Scott a chance to explain himself to Allison.

"You should've run." Derek whispered to her "better than that you shouldn't have come at all."

Yelena ignored him and looked around, "have you seen my rucksack?"

"What?" He asked in disbelief as she continued to look around, a rucksack should not be her priority right now.

"I think I dropped it helping Scott, I need to get it."