2...Night time creatures

After hearing her dad leave the house, Yelena ran over the hall to her brother's room with the book in her hands.

"Okay listen-" she told them with a huff as she threw herself and the book onto Stiles' bed, she began speaking but frowned when she reached over to his bedside table and picked up a half-empty bottle of Adderall, she shot Stiles a look before picking up the bottle and shoving it in her jacket pocket "- I'll be taking this, thank you." She tutted making Stiles roll his eyes and Scott laugh

"Whatever it-"

"Shh! Listen, I've been researching ever since we got back the other night."

"Oh, is this about the body? Did they find out whose it is?"

Yelena rolled her eyes at him, "Forget about the body, this is more important-"

"Yeah, they're questioning loads of people still-" Stiles chimed in "even Derek Hale."

Yelena glared at her brother for interrupting her. Besides, she didn't think Derek would do that, sure he had a kind of hostile demeanor, but that didn't make him a killer, plus Scott and Stiles can be pretty annoying, enough to make anyone hostile.

"The guy we saw in the woods the other day?"

"Yes." Yelena answered "But-"

"But this isn't about that-" Stiles interrupted her again "-our jokes the other day, about you being-you know a werewolf, well maybe it's not a joke," Stiles said seriously.

Watching Scott's reaction, Yelena fought off the urge to throw her book at Stiles's head, they'd discussed this, to address the situation cautiously.

"The wolf - the bite in the woods. We started doing all this reading. Do you even know why a wolf howls?" Stiles exclaimed.

Scott looked to Yelena for help, but she just shrugged back at him "Should I?"

"It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of 'em." Stiles pressed on

"A whole pack of wolves?"

"No werewolves," Yelena murmured cautiously.

Scott turned to face her incredulously, "You're seriously buying into all of this?" Scott asked the older Stilinski sibling, who shrugged

"It seems like an Occam's razor situation."

"A occa-who now?" Both boys said at the same time

"Occam's razor, it is a principle from philosophy-" when the boys stared at her cluelessly she shook her head "-Suppose an event has two possible explanations. The explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation."

They both nodded at her with slack jaws clearly confused by her analogy

"Ah, so in other words, the simplest explanation is usually the right one?" Stiles asked

"Essentially, yes."

"You can tell she's a college girl now..." Stiles muttered to Scott, who nodded in agreement. Yelena gave her brother a sarcastic smile, whilst Scott rolled his eyes at them

"You're seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour." Scott moaned whilst gathering up his things.

Stiles stepped in front of his friend as he tried to reason with Him. "I saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay, what you did wasn't just amazing, all right? It was impossible." Stiles stated.