22...Boom companion

"We need to get him in the jeep," Stiles said as Scott lifted his unconscious body onto the backseat.

The three of them turned around at the sound of both police and ambulance sirens.
Yelena watched the jeep as Scott and Stiles checked on Danny once they got back to her they noticed that some of the sheriff's deputies were there.

"Ok, we need to get the hell out of here before Dad sees us."

Stiles's eyes flitted around as did Yelena's when she spotted a pair of glowing red dots coming from the driver's seat in her truck, her eyes turned ablaze as she turned back to her brothers.

"I've gotta go, tell me what happens."

"What?!" Stiles and Scott yelled in disbelief.

"I have to go! Tell me what happens."

"Len-" Stiles tried.

"I'm sorry I have to." She told them as she ran through the sea of people and over to her truck.

She climbed into the passenger seat and slammed the door behind her turning to Derek and shoving him hard.

"What the hell was that!" He opened his mouth but Yelena wasn't finished as she shoved him again, his back hitting the window this time, "what were you thinking?!"

He grabbed her wrists to stop her from attacking him for a third time, "There was a problem and I fixed it."

Yelena scoffed, "How'd you figure that?"

"He was killing people! There was a problem and I took care of it." He said again.

Yelena looked at him like he was crazy and pulled out of his grip, "This is wrong." She scoffed and folded her across her chest.

"You didn't care when it was Peter." he quipped back.

"That was different."

"How?" He scoffed

Yelena rubbed her temples tiredly trying to figure this guy out before looking over at his hard expression. He kept staring ahead clenching and unclenching his jaw.

narrowing her eyes at him she spoke softly, "What's this about?"

"What?" He asked

"Why do you care?"
Derek opened his mouth to explain but closed it again balling his fists tightly. It finally hit Yelena what the issue was, "it's not your fault." She told him

He shook his head at her words, "he's like this because of me. I have to be the one to stop it."

The way he spoke was so emotionless that if she didn't know him enough already then she wouldn't be able to see through him, but she could.

Derek could feel her anger falling away but being replaced with feelings of guilt and upset. He could hear her heartbeat slowing down to a calm rhythm rather than the erratic one that had been there minutes before. He turned to look at her whilst she rested her head on the cool glass of the window, he noticed how the pulse on her neck moved, reaching out he took her hand in his and held it tightly.

Yelena responded immediately and squeezed it, letting out a sigh when her phone rang, she reluctantly answered and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hello."

"Lena?" Her dad's voice came through the phone sternly, "Where are you?"

Yelena closed her eyes tightly and rested her head against the headrest, "um yeah Dad, listen-"

"Nope, No excuses, I'm not buying it, where are you? Because at the moment I'm standing outside a gay club - where I found your brother."

"Ok well maybe Stiles is-"