28...In the combat zone

Yelena smiled and waved to Melissa in the corridor, "Hey looking for Scott?"

Melissa smiled weakly back, "Yeah I wanted to speak to him before the game."

"Come on then." Yelena said gesturing towards the locker room, "How are you doing with everything-"

"Yelena I love you but I cannot handle talking about it yet."

"Understood." Yelena nodded opening the boy's locker room door for her, "I think we're just in time for Coach's speech."

Melissa frowned, "his speech?"

"Yep," Len answered folding her arms across her chest and listening intently.

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind."

Melissa looked bewildered, "What?"

"Mankind - that word should have new meaning for all of us today." The coach continued.

"What the hell is he talking about?" She asked Yelena as Stiles came over to them.

"He does this every year," Stiles explained to her.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." The siblings replied in unison, fond memories coming back to Yelena from her lacrosse days.

"We are fighting for our right to live."

"Yeah!" All the boys chanted.

"Wait, is this?"

"Yeah, it's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day the world declared in one voice - "

"It's Coach's favorite movie," Stiles told her

"We will not go quietly into the night!"

"He doesn't know any sports speeches?" Melissa asked

Yelena shrugged to herself, "Honestly I don't think he cares."

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

"Yeah!" The players and Yelena cheered in agreement, Yelena receiving some strange looks from her excitement.

The mood quickly shifted for those aware of the Beacon Hills secrets as Gerard stepped forward, "Well spoken, coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

Yelena paled at his words and took a deep breath as she wrapped her jacket around herself tighter, feeling it as extra protection.

"You heard the man. Asses on the field!" The coach yelled out

"Yeah!"

This time Yelena didn't join the chant and instead looped arms with Melissa and guided her out to the bleachers to meet her dad.

"Oh, no. Why is my son running out to the field?"

Melissa and Yelena exchanged an amused look "Because he's on the team?"

"He is." The sheriff recalled "He's on the team. He's - he's on the field. My son is on the field!" He said jumping up and down in excitement.

Yelena laughed and joined in "Yes! Let's go twenty-four!" She whooped out in excitement, as Lydia came over and sat next to them and sent Yelena an awkward look.