14...Informality

After Scott had updated them on what exactly Deaton knew, and that he definitely wasn't a threat, in fact, he seemed to be some type of witch doctor. Yelena had subtly pulled Scott aside and asked him not to tell Stiles that she was at the Hale house. She knew that Scott was uncomfortable with her request but was grateful that he agreed. However, currently, he was searching his house for his lost phone, hoping they could use it to find Derek. Stiles was uninterested in the fact that both Scott's phone and Derek's were missing. Yelena on the other hand still hadn't finished with Derek and was still eager to talk with him.

Stiles rolled his eyes "It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

Scott was still searching his room as he replied "I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

Stiles sighed at him "Well, "A", you're not alone. You have me. And "B", didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"You know I'm not convinced that Derek can die, he seems to keep coming back," Yelena commented.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha - they're not gonna kill him," Scott added

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter - problem solved." Stiles shrugged

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first - just - just help me!" Scott exclaimed exasperated by everything.

Yelena stood up and began to check his desk, "Not to mention they're probably trying to kill him."

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that when he was trying to kill you after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" stiles snided.

Yelena rolled her eyes, "He wasn't going to kill anyone!" She snapped. She couldn't explain it but it was like she knew Derek.

Stiles looked at Yelena confused by her reaction.

"And I'm not letting him die." Scott agreed, partly because he agreed and partly to back up Yelena. Stiles may be his best friend but Yelena was also his family.

Stiles groaned "Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?"

Yelena shoved him harshly as she sat back down next to him on the bed wondering where Derek was, and if he was still alive.

"What?" Stiles asked when Scott shushed him, watching him as he was seemingly listening into a conversation.

The expression on his face showed that it wasn't pleasant, "My Mom just got home from work." He told them.

Yelena sat up straight as she saw the sad look on his face "Is she okay? What's she doing?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Crying." He said as he came and sat down next to them.

Yelena rested her head on his shoulder "Scott, you can't protect everyone."

Unfortunately, neither one of the Stilinskis could comfort Scott as he answered with "I have to."

"This isn't your fault, once we get rid of Peter it'll be fine. Your mom won't have to hurt anymore."

"And I'll be human again." Scott nodded to himself.

Yelena frowned "What do you mean?"

"Derek said if you kill the one that bit you then it's a chance I'll be human again."