42...Neon Lights

Yelena woke up to the sound of the loft door sliding shut, she slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes "What time is it?" She muttered sleepily as she looked over at Derek.

"12:15, I ordered Chinese. I figured you'd be hungry since we didn't eat earlier."

"Oh, ok." She yawned as he sat down next to her on the bed and passed her a carton of egg rolls.

"Here you go, babe." He told her as he passed her the chopsticks.

Yelena put her egg roll down in mid chew, "Did you just call me babe?"

Derek grimaced slightly, "Yeah, but I don't know why." He replied awkwardly.

Yelena nodded slowly, "Yeah, don't do that again."

Derek put down his food and leaned over to kiss her which she was more than happy to reciprocate until her mind started to kick in and she pulled back.

"Everything ok?" Derek breathed out heavily when she pulled away.

Yelena sighed as she climbed out of bed, "Yeah, I just need to call my dad to tell him I'm back, he's doing the hotel night shift tonight."

"Ok, I'll plate this up whilst you call him." He told her, wandering into the kitchen.

Yelena took a deep breath as she called him, "Hey Dad" She began

"Now's not a good time." He told her father abruptly, sounding out of breath.

"Oh ok," Yelena answered scratching her head, "Well I just wanted you to know I'm back in town-"

"You with Derek?"

" Yeah, why?"

"Everyone's on high alert so stay with Derek."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"A psycho, former electrical engineer slash murderer is being transferred to a hospital, god knows what could happen. Just stay safe."

And with that, her dad hung up, she tried to process it but jumped when her test alert came through on her phone...Stiles again

"Mischief day/night about to begin.... it's 12:15...pancakes tomorrow yeah?"

Yelena laughed at him and texted him back

"Stay close to Scott, there's a psycho about.

Stiles answered with a simple thumbs-up emoji.

"Your dad ok?"

"Yes, apart from there being a psycho running around."

Derek frowned, "Well I know you're not his biggest fan, but a bit harsh about my uncle...he doesn't run much anymore." He joked.

"Ha! Very funny." Yelena entwined their hands as they stood face to face, "My dad wants me to stay here with you."

"Does he now?" Derek murmured moving closer so that their bodies were touching, with one of his hands holding the nape of her neck.

"Anyway, don't act like you weren't listening." She teased

"I wasn't," Derek told her

"Yeah, sure." She murmured playfully.

Derek pulled back and took one of her hands to place over his heart, "I wasn't listening."

Yelena felt his heartbeat and noticed that it hadn't changed and therefore he wasn't lying, she could tell from the sincerity of his eyes.

"Interesting."

"Not interesting at all, I love you, I trust you and I respect your relationship with your family."