8...After school special

"Why am I here?" Yelena groaned as she and Stiles pulled up at the high school. It was getting late and she was meant to be online looking for a new job.

"Can't I spend time with my sister?"

"No. And definitely not here." She answered as she climbed out of the jeep anyway.

"Ok well, Derek thinks Scott's boss is the Alpha."

Yelena shoved her hands in her pockets and stared at Stiles tiredly "OK, why are we at the school?"

"Derek and Scott's boss are meeting us here." He explained

Yelena sighed and rubbed her forehead tiredly "Stiles I'm still not getting the relevance of my presence."

"You are basically a human lie detector so you can find out if he's the alpha....plus your unemployed so you have nothing better to do." He shrugged

"Nice." Yelena snorted in annoyance about his insensitivity, both siblings turned to face Scott as he joined them.

"This is a terrible idea," Stiles warned him

"Yeah, I know." Scott sighed

"But we're still gonna do it?"

"Can you think of something better?" Scott retorted.

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away. Len?"

"He's not wrong Scott." Yelena sighed at the two teenagers.

"Just make sure we can get inside," Scott told Stiles as he got his bolt cutters out "He's here. Where's my boss?" Scott asked Derek as he got out of his car.

"He's in the back," Derek replied calmly.

The three of them peered into the window and saw him duck-taped on the backseat

"Oh, well, he looks comfortable." Stiles quipped as he and Scott began walking in the direction of the school entrance

"Wait. Hey. What are you doing?" Derek asked them both

"You said I was linked with the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right." Scott told him as he and Stiles left them.

Yelena sighed deeply as she leaned against the jeep questioning every life choice she made. She didn't even really know the plan or why she'd come.

"So," Derek began as he came and stood next to her against the jeep, "did you get into trouble at your job?" Derek asked, eventually breaking their silence.

"I got fired. When you walk out of your job on the third shift it doesn't look very good." She said with a scowl.

"Considering the attack that happened, maybe that's not a bad thing?" Derek said awkwardly.

"Is that an attempt at humor? Or a thank you for saving your life?" She huffed as she glanced at him.

Derek scratched his ear and sighed "Look I'm sorry for talking about your family that day at the hospital, and I am grateful that you know, saved my life."

"Anytime." She muttered, watching as he smirked: "What?"

"Just when you say 'anytime', do you mean cutting off my arm or going to give me mouth-to-mouth."

Yelena's jaw dropped as she looked at him wide-eyed, not knowing that he was aware of that, "You know for such a moody person you're a very cocky guy."

"It was a joke." He told her in amusement.

"Mhm?" She hummed.

"Mhm," he agreed as he moved closer until their shoulders were meeting.

Yelena looked up at him and snorted in amusement "Well trust me, Mr. Hale, it's more likely for me to cut off your arm than to ever have my mouth against yours."